Supply Issues Multiple Suppliers Alcohol Skin Wipes Multiple Products (ICN 1835)
Important Customer Notice Supply Issues
- We have been informed of supply issues with Alcohol Skin Wipes from three suppliers.
- The three product codes affected are:
- DMK079 – Wipe Alcohol Based For skin cleansing 2% chlorhexidine in 70% alcohol 100mm x 100mm 18gsm individual sachet
- VJT169 – Wipe Alcohol Based Wipe for skin cleansing 70% IPA and 2% Chlorhexidine 105 x 105mm individual sachet 200 wipes per pack
- VJT526 – Wipe Alcohol Based Wipe for skin cleansing 70% IPA 2% chlorhexidine 150 x 129mm 200 wipes per pack.
- The supply issue is due to raw material shortages paired with manufacturing and shipping delays.
- DMK079 and VJT169 are currently subject to intermittent supply.
- VJT526 is no longer on protect management.
- The product code remains available to order through NHS Supply Chain. However, trusts are allocated a maximum daily quantity “threshold” to ensure fair supply of available stock across the NHS.
- See our Downloads section for a full list of product codes subject to Protect Demand Management.
- Potential indirect alternative products are available to order through our online catalogue.
- See our Downloads section to access the product listing for further information on the affected product codes and potential alternatives.
- The supply issue is currently anticipated to continue until at least the end of November 2022, we will update the ICN once we have further information.
- NHS Supply Chain are demand managing the available products and are in regular discussions with the suppliers to try to mitigate the disruption.
- Customers are advised to log into our website to view the potential indirect alternative products.
- If you have any further questions, please contact your local NHS Supply Chain Customer Relationship Manager or Customer Services Advisor.
Please note that due to the clinical nature of these alternative products we advise you to consult your own clinical experts to ensure suitability for your organisations use of these products.