Supply Issues Multiple Suppliers Anaesthetic Facemasks Multiple Products (ICN 1840)
Important Customer Notice Update
The intermittent supply issues with Anaesthetic Facemasks remain ongoing.
- There are currently 51 product codes affected in total.
- 33 products are suspended and unavailable to order.
- 13 product codes are being threshold managed and subject to protect demand management.
- They remain available to order through NHS Supply Chain. However, trusts are allocated a maximum daily quantity also known as a ‘threshold’ to ensure fair supply of available stock across the NHS.
- Three product codes have been delisted and are unavailable to order.
- Customers are advised to refer to ICN 1895 as some Ambu anaesthetic masks listed in this ICN are also affected by MDR issues.
- See our Downloads section to access the product listing for further information on the delisted codes, affected product codes and the potential alternatives.
- The supply issues are anticipated to be resolved by 31 January 2023 and we will update this ICN when we have further information.
- We have been informed of intermittent supply issues with Anaesthetic Facemasks from multiple suppliers.
- There are 50 product codes in total affected.
- The supply issue is due to an increase in global demand paired with delays in shipping and manufacturing.
- 48 of the affected product codes are currently suspended.
- One product code, FDD5614, is being threshold managed and subject to protect demand management.
- FDD5614 remains available to order through NHS Supply Chain. However, trusts are allocated a maximum daily quantity “threshold” to ensure fair supply of available stock across the NHS. See our Downloads section for a full list of product codes subject to Protect Demand Management.
- One product code has been delisted:
- FDD4559 – Facemask anaesthetic KingMask Child/Sm Adult (4) Face Mask.
- Potential direct and indirect alternative products are available to order through our online catalogue.
- However, please be aware that some of the affected products are listed as alternatives for other affected codes so please check their availability on the online catalogue.
- Some of the alternative products are delivered via a different supply route, therefore please be aware of a variance in lead times.
- See our Downloads section to access the product listing and delisted products for further information on the affected product codes and potential alternatives.
- There are no anticipated clinical or Patient Safety impacts as a result of this supply issue.
- We are working closely with the suppliers to ensure that we are tracking orders and expect supply of most of the products to resume within the next few weeks.
- However, for some products, the supply issue is anticipated to be ongoing for several months. We will update the ICN once we have further information.
- Customers are advised to log into our website to view the potential alternative products, check their availability and review their suitability.
- If you have any further questions, please contact your local NHS Supply Chain Customer Relationship Manager or Customer Services Advisor.
Please note that due to the clinical nature of these alternative products we advise you to consult your own clinical experts to ensure suitability for your organisations use of these products.