Supply Issues Nutricia (Danone) Specialist Powdered Infant Milk, ABT001 (ICN 1800)
Important Customer Notice Update
- The supplier Nutricia (Danone) has informed us that the supply issue with its Cow & Gate Human Milk Fortifier (HMF) 2.1g sachets, ABT001 is still ongoing.
- To assist with this supply issue, a new size 1g sachet Cow & Gate Nutriprem HMF has been sourced.
- However, Nutricia (Danone) has informed us that the planned introduction of the updated formulation of Cow & Gate Nutriprem HMF in the new 1g sachet format will be delayed until the end of January 2023, due to an unavoidable manufacturing delay.
- To manage existing stock of the current 2.1g sachets, they will only be available through your Nutricia Paediatric Account Manager. The Paediatric Account Manager will contact you to share the order process for Nutriprem HMF. We anticipate this stock will last until the end of November 2022.
- Unfortunately, Nutricia (Danone) will then be out of stock of Nutriprem HMF until the new 1g sachets become available at the end of January 2023.
- There is a potential indirect alternative product available to order through our online catalogue until the new 1g sachet becomes available:
- ABT098 – Specialist Powdered Infant Milk 72 sachets x 1g.
- We advise you to consult your own clinical experts to ensure suitability for your organisations use of the alternative product.
- See our Downloads section to access the product listing for further information on the affected product code and potential alternative.
- The supplier Nutricia (Danone) has informed us of a supply issue with its Human Milk Fortifier Specialist Powdered Infant Milk 2.1g sachets, ABT001.
- The supply issue is due to a component delivery delay.
- ABT001 is currently subject to intermittent supply.
- A potential indirect alternative product is available to order through our online catalogue:
- ABT098 – Specialist Powdered Infant Milk 72 sachets x 1g
- See our Downloads section to access the product listing for further information on the affected product code.
- The supply issue is anticipated to be resolved by 31 October 2022.
- Customers are advised to log into our website to view the potential indirect alternative product.
- If you have any further questions, please contact your local NHS Supply Chain Customer Relationship Manager or Customer Services Advisor.
Please note that due to the clinical nature of these alternative products we advise you to consult your own clinical experts to ensure suitability for your organisations use of these products.