Supply Issues Smiths Medical International Tracheostomy Tubes Multiple Products (ICN 1730)
Important Customer Notice Resolved
- Updates for these products will now be provided on ICN 1757.
- Please see our Useful Links section for further information.
- The supply issue with Smiths Medical International tracheostomy tubes is ongoing.
- A further 10 products have been added to the product listing. There are now 130 products affected.
- NHS Supply Chain are closely monitoring the situation and are working on identifying a solution for alternatives.
- The supplier Smiths Medical International has informed us of a supply issue with its tracheostomy tubes.
- There are 120 product codes affected. These ranges include Portex and Blu Select.
- We also have a separate ICN for Bivona Tracheostomy Tubes – ICN 1423.
- The supply issue is due to a shortage of raw materials within the market, alongside shipping constraints.
- The majority of the affected product codes are currently unavailable to order.
- Clinical is working closely with the buyer to determine correct alternatives which will be published upon confirmation.
- Please see our Downloads ▼ section to refer to the product listing for further information on the affected product code.
- The supply issue is anticipated to be resolved in September with intermittent supply, and a full backhaul recovery by early 2023.
- The ICN will be updated on a month-by-month basis to inform the market of any changes.
- Customers are advised to contact their NHS Supply Chain Customer Relationship Manager or Clinical Advisor given the critical nature of the products.
Please note that due to the clinical nature of these alternative products we advise you to consult your own clinical experts to ensure suitability for your organisations use of these products.