Supply Issues Smiths Medical Portex Multiple Products (ICN 1761)
Important Customer Notice Supply Issues
- The supplier Smiths Medical International Ltd has informed us of a supply issue with its Portex spinal and Portex CSE products.
- There are 63 product codes affected.
- The supply issue is due to the evolving regulatory requirements and CE certifications expiring as well as the supplier’s inability to source components.
- Stock currently remains available for 46 of the affected product codes.
- However, these are available while stocks last as the supplier is not able to say whether they will be able to resume supplying these products.
- Stock has already been depleted for the other 17 affected product codes and these are in the process of being delisted from our online catalogue.
- See our Downloads section for more information on the 63 affected product codes and potential indirect alternatives available to order through our online catalogue.
- The majority of the alternative products are also affected by the CE expiry issue therefore will be available while stocks last.
- There is currently no confirmed resolution date for the supply issue, however, we will update this ICN when we have further information from the supplier.
- Please be aware that if the supplier is unable to resume supply, once the stock has been depleted, the products may be delisted from the online catalogue.
- Customers are advised to log into our website to view the potential indirect alternative products.
- If you have any further questions, please contact your local NHS Supply Chain Customer Services Advisor.