Supply Issues Vygon (UK) Ltd Needlefree FSB105 FSB2373 FSB2420 and FSB730 (ICN 1942)
Important Customer Notice Supply Issues
- The supplier Vygon (UK) Ltd has informed us of a supply issue with its Needlefree products.
- The four product codes affected are:
- FSB105 – Needlefree extension set
- FSB2373 – Needlefree bag spike, Bionector spike for use when aspirating or adding fluids to iv bag or bottles with non-return valve
- FSB2420 – Needlefree bag spike, for use when aspirating or adding fluids to iv bags or bottles with non-return valve
- FSB730 – Needlefree bag spike, Bionector spike for use when aspirating or adding fluids to iv bags or bottles
- The supply issue is due to supply disruption as a result of raw material availability causing an effect on manufacturing capacity.
- The affected codes are currently unavailable to order.
- Potential direct alternative products are available for three of the affected product codes and are available to order through our online catalogue.
- FSW288 – Needlefree transfer spike
- FSW1524 – Needlefree bag spike
- See our Downloads ▼ section to access the product listing for further information on the affected product codes and potential alternatives.
- Potential indirect alternative products are listed to order through our online catalogue; however, they are also affected by the supply issues and have been suspended.
- The supply issue is anticipated to be resolved by the end of January 2023.
- Customers are advised to log into our website to view the potential direct alternative products.
- If you have any further questions, please contact your local NHS Supply Chain Customer Services Advisor.
Please note that due to the clinical nature of these alternative products we advise you to consult your own clinical experts to ensure suitability for your organisations use of these products.