Important Customer Notice Update
Due to an exceptional increase in national demand for ICU products, they have been suspended with immediate effect.
This is to protect stockholding and push out volumes in line with the NHS England and NHS Improvement consumption model. It aims to ensure that trusts continue to have access to the consumables they need to provide patient care and to avoid unnecessary risks of stock shortages.
- There is a change to the NIV masks suspended with four NPCs reinstated and four NPCs suspended.
- The four reinstated codes are available to order through our online catalogue are:
- The four NPCs suspended and currently unavailable to order are:
- See our Downloads ▼ section for further information on the affected products.
- The following product areas are currently suspended:
|Product Areas||Number of NPCs||Date Suspended||Date Reinstated|
|NIV Masks||64||5, 14 and 28 May 2020||–|
|Tracheostomy Kits||51||11 and 14 May 2020||–|
|Tracheostomy Tubes||31||11 and 14 May 2020||–|
|Vascular Catheters||19||11 and 14 May 2020||–|
|Bi Level Humidification||15||15 May 2020||–|
|Breathing Circuits Humidified Dual Limb||14||18 May 2020||–|
|Exhalation Port||3||18 May 2020||–|
- The are currently 197 affected product codes are unavailable to order from our online catalogue.
- See our Downloads ▼ section for further information on the affected product codes.
- If you have a clinical requirement to order any of the NPCs listed above which is a clinical necessity, please escalate this to the Consumables Group lead via the request form on the NHS Supply Chain website: https://www.supplychain.nhs.uk/covid19/suspended-consumables/suspended-code-submission/
- In response to the increased need for clinical consumables during the COVID-19 pandemic it is imperative that requests for NIV Masks are closely monitored and that supply volumes requested by trusts are appropriate to local demand.
- This ICN will be updated when the affected products are reinstated and available to order, or if any additional codes are affected.
1046 Suspended Products Product ListingUpdated on 28 May 2020.
Please log in to view this content.