Terumo UK Ltd Safety Hypodermic Needle (ICN 1243)
Important Customer Notice Delisting
- The supplier Terumo UK Ltd has informed us of a discontinuation with its Surguard 2 range Safety Hypodermic Needles.
- There are six NHS Supply Chain product codes affected:
FTR1728 – Safety Hypodermic Needle 19G Ivory x 38mm (1.5 inch) Sterile
FTR1729 – Safety Hypodermic Needle 21G Green x 38mm (1.5 inch) Sterile
FTR1730 – Safety Hypodermic Needle 23G Blue x 25mm (1 inch) Sterile
FTR1731 – Safety Hypodermic Needle 23G Blue x 38mm (1.5 inch) Sterile
FTR1733 – Safety Hypodermic Needle 25G Orange x 25mm (1 inch) Sterile
FTR1735 – Safety Hypodermic Needle 26G Brown x 13mm (0.5 inch) Sterile.
- These products are being delisted as, Terumo UK Ltd is no longer able to supply the product range to the UK market due to ongoing supply issues in manufacturing.
- The affected codes have been delisted from our catalogue on 1 April 2021.
- Potential indirect alternative products are available to order through our online catalogue.
- Please see our Downloads ▼ section to refer to the product listing for further information on the affected product codes.
- Terumo UK Ltd have confirmed a new range of safety hypodermic needles will be made available in Summer 2021.
- Customers are advised to log into our website to view the potential indirect alternative products.
- If you have any further questions, please contact your local NHS Supply Chain Customer Relationship Manager or Customer Services Advisor.
Please note that due to the clinical nature of these alternative products we advise you to consult your own clinical experts to ensure suitability for your organisations use of these products.
1243 Terumo UK Ltd Delisted Products with AlternativesAn Excel file detailing the delisted product codes for ICN 1243.
Please log in to view this content.