Various Suppliers Foetal Monitoring Electrodes (ICN 1184)
Important Customer Notice Temporary Supply Issues
- Various suppliers have informed us of a global component shortage with its Foetal Monitoring Electrodes products.
- The five product codes affected are:
FDK347 – Foetal Scalp Electrode Double spiral sterile disposable with connector handle with protection tab
FDK314 – Foetal Scalp Electrode Foetal scalp hook spring electrode copeland design sterile disposable with connector
FDK097 Foetal Scalp Electrode Hook spring type sterile disposable with quick connect connector
FDK404 – Foetal Scalp Electrode Single spiral electrode sterile disposable with protection tab on handle
FDK1266 – Foetal Scalp Electrode Single Spiral FSE.
- The supply issue is due to a global raw material in the manufacture of Foetal Scalp Electrodes.
- The affected products are in intermittent supply immediately.
- Potential indirect alternative products are available to order through our online catalogue. It is likely that customers will need an adapter due to machine / consumable compatibility issues.
- Please see our Downloads ▼ section to refer to the product listing for further information on the affected product codes.
- The supply issue is anticipated to be resolved by the end of March 2021.
- Raise awareness of the ongoing supply issues with users as we are requesting all sites and providers to follow the recommended actions to conserve Foetal Scalp Electrodes.
- Customers are advised to preserve stocks and only order where necessary at this time.
- Customers are advised to log into our website to view the potential indirect alternative products.
- If you have any further questions, please contact your local NHS Supply Chain Customer Relations Manager or Customer Services Advisor.
Please note that due to the clinical nature of these alternative products we advise you to consult your own clinical experts to ensure suitability for your organisations use of these products.
1184 Foetal Scalp Product Listing with AlternativesAn Excel file detailing the affected product codes for ICN 1184.
Please log in to view this content.