Category Interface Lead
Job Posted: 4 May 2022
Job Updated: 7 June 2022
Job Title: Category Interface Lead
Function: Customer Engagement
Type: 12-month Fixed Term
Salary: £37,000 – £50,000
Closing Date: Friday 24th June 2022
NHS Supply Chain have an exciting opportunity for a Category Interface Lead to join the Customer Engagement Team. The Category Interface Lead will be responsible for acting as the critical interface between Customer Relationship managers and Category Tower Service Providers, ensuring the voice of the customer is represented.
What does a Category Interface Lead do at NHS Supply Chain?
- Aligning category plans, campaigns and customer activity to ensure coordinated ways of working across NHS Supply Chain
- Prioritise category activities for account and regional teams and identify how they will be fed into campaign activity, stakeholder events, account management activity etc.
- Facilitate the process of Customer Relationship Managers liaising with Category Tower Service Providers to gain category insight
- Identify key target customers based on customer insight for categories
- Develop customer planning for categories and customers bringing together intended customer experience, intended customer value proposition and growth plans
- Link Customer Relationship Managers with relevant Category Tower team(s) to arrange customer meetings in specialist areas etc.
- Work with Customer Relationship Managers to support the development of national customer plans to deliver Category Tower products to customers. Customer plans should break down to customer areas and roll up to a total annual growth forecast
- Support CTSPs in the development of category strategies, incorporating all relevant customer data and insight
- Supporting the Category Council review the process of approving category strategies
- Implement category strategies by coordinating account planning and campaign activities with the Category Council
- Collaborate with contract managers to ensure category strategies are kept up to date and relevant
What skills, qualifications and qualities do I need to be successful?
- Extensive experience in a customer lead environment with operational experience
- Performance management within a key account model environment
- Senior stakeholder management, as well as the ability to demonstrate capability to influence and directly engage a wide range of stakeholders to achieve desired results
- Specialist knowledge over more than one discipline/function acquired over a significant period
- Relationship building skills
- Excellent communications skills, written and oral
- Negotiating skills
How you’ll work:
As of now our offices are open, this role will be a hybrid working; a blend of home and office working 1/2 days in the office and the other days at home with some travel to other locations.
In return for your passion, enthusiasm and hard work you will be rewarded with an attractive salary and benefits package, consisting of:
- Performance led annual bonus scheme
- 27 days holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to an additional 5 days
- Generous contributory pension scheme (up to 12% of your salary)
- Flexible benefits scheme – you will be able to choose from a variety of benefits such Life Insurance, Critical Illness Cover, Income Protection, Health Cash Plan, Dental Insurance and additional pension contributions that suit you
- 3 days paid Volunteering Leave
- Access to the Blue Light Card and NHS Discounts
- Flexible working options
- National Annual season ticket purchase scheme
- Eye Care vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme
NHS Supply Chain, who are we?
We are part of the NHS family, managing more than 8 million orders per year across 94,000 order points and 17,465 locations. We deliver over 28 million lines of picked goods to the NHS annually and our systems consolidate orders from over 930 suppliers. We proudly deliver supply chain excellence and best value to NHS customers and patients through innovation, service and clinical expertise.
Our customers are at the centre of everything we do, we will ensure we continue to deliver the products and services needed by the NHS, both now and in the future. Our priorities for 2021/2022 focuses on the following areas:
- Customer: we will anchor our business on the needs of the NHS by supporting NHS trusts to deliver safe and excellent patient care and through continuing to build the services the NHS needs.
- Resilient: we will further strengthen the resilience of our supply chain by continuing to invest in key tools and capacity that build resilience and performance, across the end to end supply chain.
- Safe: we will deliver clinically assured, safe products that support improved outcomes for patients and users.
- Sustainable: we are committed to supporting the NHS objective of becoming the world’s first net carbon zero national health system through reducing single use plastics, supporting the circular economy, reducing our greenhouse gas emissions and improving human rights and labour standards.
- Efficient: we will ensure we have a high performing workforce and highly efficient organisation.
Supply Chain Coordination Limited acts as the management function for the NHS Supply Chain. By 2023/2024, we aim to save the NHS £2.4bn by leveraging the scale of the NHS to drive savings and provide a standardised range of quality assured clinical products.
- SCCL is a not an NHS organisation, you will join on SCCL terms and conditions.
- For more information on SCCL and the NHS Supply chain please visit: www.supplychain.nhs.uk
NHS Supply Chain is an equal opportunities employer
SCCL is a company Registered in England and Wales, with company number 10881715, to act as the management function of the NHS Supply Chain.
SCCL values and respects the diversity of its employees and aims to recruit a workforce which reflects our diverse communities. We welcome applications irrespective of people’s age, disability, gender, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or other personal circumstances.
Our policies and procedures reflect our commitment to ensure that all applicants are treated fairly and consistently at every stage of the recruitment process.
SCCL reserve the right to close any vacancies from further submissions when we have received sufficient applications from which to make a shortlist. Please apply without delay if you wish to be considered for this role.
If you are shortlisted for interview you will be required to provide proof of ID and the right to work in the UK.