Cognos Report Developer
Job Posted: 5 October 2021
Job Updated: 5 October 2021
- Supports in managing the Business intelligence reporting software and supporting data warehouse.
- Develops and delivers Business intelligence solutions in accordance with business reporting requirements.
- Documents reporting requirements and report specification documents.
- Documents and assists with the creation of solution design documents.
- Conducts testing of newly developed solutions and assists users in performing UAT.
- Translates business reporting requirements into technical solutions that helps to support decision making through the analysis of measures and metrics used by the business.
- Investigates, diagnoses and resolves technical reporting issues to ensure the continued performance of the solutions.
- Conveys technical solutions to non-technical colleagues.
- Significant specialist experience using IBM Cognos 10 and above, including Framework Manager.
- Demonstratable Report studio development experience using both relational and multi-dimensional data.
- Experience with the development of metadata modelling using Cognos Framework Manager/Cognos Data Modules.
- Demonstratable experience of SQL (ORACLE/SQL server).
- Experience of BI/Data Warehouse concepts and standards.
- Performance led annual bonus scheme
- 27 days holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to an additional 5 days
- Generous contributory pension scheme (up to 12% of your salary)
- Flexible benefits scheme – you will be able to choose from a variety of benefits such Life Insurance, Critical Illness Cover, Income Protection, Health Cash Plan, Dental Insurance and additional pension contributions that suit you
- 3 days paid Volunteering Leave
- Access to the Blue Light Card and NHS Discounts
- Flexible working options
- National Annual season ticket purchase scheme
- Eye Care vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Customer: we will anchor our business on the needs of the NHS by supporting NHS trusts to deliver safe and excellent patient care and through continuing to build the services the NHS needs.
- Resilient: we will further strengthen the resilience of our supply chain by continuing to invest in key tools and capacity that build resilience and performance, across the end to end supply chain.
- Safe: we will deliver clinically assured, safe products that support improved outcomes for patients and users.
- Sustainable: we are committed to supporting the NHS objective of becoming the world’s first net carbon zero national health system through reducing single use plastics, supporting the circular economy, reducing our greenhouse gas emissions and improving human rights and labour standards.
- Efficient: we will ensure we have a high performing workforce and highly efficient organisation.
- SCCL is a not an NHS organisation, you will join on SCCL terms and conditions.
- For more information on SCCL and the NHS Supply chain please visit: www.supplychain.nhs.uk
- For an informal no-obligation discussion in confidence about this role, please contact our recruitment team at email@example.com
SCCL is a company Registered in England and Wales, with company number 10881715, to act as the management function of the NHS Supply Chain.
SCCL values and respects the diversity of its employees and aims to recruit a workforce which reflects our diverse communities. We welcome applications irrespective of people’s age, disability, gender, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or other personal circumstances.
Our policies and procedures reflect our commitment to ensure that all applicants are treated fairly and consistently at every stage of the recruitment process.
SCCL reserve the right to close any vacancies from further submissions when we have received sufficient applications from which to make a shortlist. Please apply without delay if you wish to be considered for this role.
If you are shortlisted for interview you will be required to provide proof of ID and the right to work in the UK.