Data Manager – PPE Data Portal
Job Posted: 22 June 2022
Job Updated: 22 June 2022
Job Title: Data Manager
Function: Commercial/PPE Data Portal
Type: Fixed Term Contract – Until 31st March 2023
Closing Date: Friday 8th July 2022
NHS Supply Chain are recruiting for a Data Manager
The PPE Portal is an e-commerce platform, set up in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, which delivers PPE to over 52,000 health and social care providers in England. The Portal is now the main distribution route for non-acute health and social care settings and has delivered over 6 billion items of PPE to providers over the last year.
The PPE Portal has recently been upgraded to a new platform with increased functionality.
What does a Data Manager do at NHS Supply Chain?
As Data Manager you will design and implement data collection and reporting systems for the new Portal platform.
- Design and implement data collection and reporting systems for the new Portal platform
- Manage transition of Portal 2.0 into SCCL with no disruption for customers or to data flows
- Provide technical guidance for data management, data quality and the reporting, including secure data handling
- Oversee the Data management of the Portal identifying improvements to systems and processes that will enhance data reporting and insight capabilities, helping to continuously improve the end-to-end process
- Working closely with internal teams to ensure data captured is relevant and reportable.
What skills, qualifications and qualities do I need to be successful?
- Experience of coding in Python or R, and SQL or similar data base languages
- Experience querying SQL Server databases (or with similar languages)
- Experience working with databases, structured data, and large-volume raw operational data.
- Quality assurance – demonstrating excellent attention to detail and setting high standards.
- Experience of working effectively at pace.
- Excellent communication skills, including in writing, with the ability to translate complex information into meaningful, easily understood narrative to engage, influence and inspire partners and stakeholders to drive collaboration and alignment.
- Practical knowledge and experience of working with large datasets and complex analytics and able to perform complex data analysis.
How you’ll work:
In Spring 2022 we moved to hybrid working; a blend of home and office working 2/3 days in the office and 2/3 days at home.
In return for your passion, enthusiasm, and hard work you will be rewarded with an attractive salary and benefits package, consisting of:
- Performance led annual bonus scheme
- 27 days holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to an additional 5 days
- Generous contributory pension scheme (up to 12% of your salary)
- Flexible benefits scheme – you will be able to choose from a variety of benefits such Life Insurance, Critical Illness Cover, Income Protection, Health Cash Plan, Dental Insurance and additional pension contributions that suit you
- 3 days paid Volunteering Leave
- Access to the Blue Light Card and NHS Discounts
- Flexible working options
- National Annual season ticket purchase scheme
- Eye Care vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme
NHS Supply Chain, who are we?
NHS Supply Chain (SCCL) is an organisation that procures and supplies ~£3.5bn of medical devices and consumables to the NHS every year, while driving strategy, standards, efficiency, and best practise across the entire NHS Supply Chain.
We have big plans. Guided by our Vision and Strategy, we are determined to be a proactive and collaborative partner that delivers financial and health benefits across the whole healthcare system.
NHS Supply Chain requires clear, purposeful, and impactful transformation. To deliver our strategy we are rebalancing our business model, implementing a new operating model, and refreshing our core technology.
Our, Purpose, Vision and Strategy are clear. we provide direction, leadership, and commercial focus to improve health outcomes.
Vision: To make it easier for the NHS to put patients first
Purpose: Our role is to support the NHS to save lives and improve health
- Be Authentic
- Be Inclusive
- Be Driven
- Be Enterprising
- Be The Difference
- SCCL is a not an NHS organisation, you will join on SCCL terms and conditions.
- For more information on SCCL and the NHS Supply chain please visit: www.supplychain.nhs.uk
NHS Supply Chain is an equal opportunities employer
SCCL is a company Registered in England and Wales, with company number 10881715, to act as the management function of the NHS Supply Chain.
SCCL values and respects the diversity of its employees and aims to recruit a workforce which reflects our diverse communities. We welcome applications irrespective of people’s age, disability, gender, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or other personal circumstances.
Our policies and procedures reflect our commitment to ensure that all applicants are treated fairly and consistently at every stage of the recruitment process.
SCCL reserve the right to close any vacancies from further submissions when we have received sufficient applications from which to make a shortlist. Please apply without delay if you wish to be considered for this role.
If you are shortlisted for interview you will be required to provide proof of ID and the right to work in the UK.