Deployment Specialist – South East & London
Job Posted: 3 April 2023
Job Updated: 31 May 2023
Job Title: Deployment Specialist – Electronic Demand Capture (South-East & London)
Function: Strategy, Comms & Change
Location: Mobile – Flexibility required
Salary: £32,045 rising in increments to £37,700 in year 3
Closing Date: Friday 30th June 2023
We have an exciting opportunity within NHS Supply Chain for a Deployment Specialist to join our new In-Hospital Services team. As Deployment Specialist, eDC, you will be supporting our NHS customers within the region through the deployment and best practice guidance provision of our supply chain/inventory management solutions into NHS hospitals, ensuring successful outcomes for both customer and business. Working independently you will collaborate across a complex stakeholder landscape including NHS Supply Chain internal and external facing teams, hospital procurement, supply chain, clinical, IT and senior roles.
What does a Deployment Specialist do at NHS Supply Chain?
- Implement ecommerce/demand or inventory management solutions in a healthcare/hospital setting
- Provide guidance and training to customers and third parties on ecommerce/demand or inventory management solutions in a healthcare/hospital setting
- Support with the technical delivery of an ecommerce/demand or inventory management solutions in a healthcare/hospital setting, for e.g. helping to define and deliver system integrations, hardware set up and configuration, Wi-Fi setup
- Work as part of a small national team to provide customers and colleagues with guidance on best practice use of our ecommerce solutions.
- Working independently, support customer change initiatives by providing analysis or monitoring progress with guidance from a national team.
- Plan and deliver stakeholder engagement activities, in a hospital or community healthcare environment, to develop effective working relationships and to ensure that stakeholder needs, and concerns are identified and met.
- Collate and analyse data using pre-set tools, methods and reporting formats.
- Contribute to reviewing existing operations in a third party or customer environment and generating new ideas to assist in identifying continuous improvement across people, process, infrastructure and technology.
- Quickly identify operational problems, root causes and solutions in operational/supply chain chain customer environments
- Creates new and better ways for the customer or third party organisation to be successful
- Develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
- Knows the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement
- Plans and prioritises work to meet commitments aligned with organisational goals
- Anticipates and adopts innovations in business-building digital and technology applications.
- Consistently achieves results, even under tough circumstances
- Interprets and applies key financial indicators to make better business decisions
What skills, qualifications and qualities do I need to be successful?
- Working independently or as part of a small team to deliver project goals to time and budget
- Experience in ecommerce, procurement, ideally in a healthcare setting
- Experience of supply chain and/or procurement environments, ideally within a healthcare setting
- Experience of implementing technical solutions into operational environments
- Data collection and analysis
- Experience of stakeholder and change management in customer or third party environments
- Knowledge of project management
- Experience of continuous improvement methodology
How you’ll work
This role will be mobile, you will be working from home, and travel to the Trusts. Flexibility will be required to work around our customers in clinical/hospital settings – there will be weekend working to accommodate.
In return for your passion, enthusiasm, and hard work you will be rewarded with an attractive
the salary and benefits package, consisting of:
- Performance led annual bonus scheme
- 27 days holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to an additional 5 days
- Generous contributory pension scheme (up to 12% of your salary)
- Flexible benefits scheme – you will be able to choose from a variety of benefits such Life Insurance, Critical Illness Cover, Income Protection, Health Cash Plan, Dental Insurance and additional pension contributions that suit you
- 3 days paid Volunteering Leave
- Access to the Blue Light Card and NHS Discounts
- Flexible working options
- National Annual season ticket purchase scheme
- Eye Care vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme
NHS Supply Chain, who are we?
We are a part of the NHS family, and our role is to source, deliver and supply healthcare products, services and food for NHS trusts and healthcare organisations across England and Wales. We make sure the products we supply are always safe, quality assured and delivered efficiently.
We’re always listening to the people who use our products, so that we’re aware of the changing needs across the NHS. In all, we serve every NHS Trust and operate a national network of distribution centres. We also manage relationships with more than a thousand suppliers, delivering more than 8,000,000 orders each year to more than 17,000 locations.
And by doing all of this on behalf of the NHS, this gives NHS staff more time to focus on their main priority of proving excellent patient care.
Our, Purpose, Vision and Strategy are clear. We provide direction, leadership, and commercial focus to improve health outcomes.
Vision: To make it easier for the NHS to put patients first
Purpose: Our role is to support the NHS to save lives and improve health
- Be Authentic
- Be Inclusive
- Be Driven
- Be Enterprising
- Be The Difference
- SCCL is a not an NHS organisation, you will join on SCCL terms and conditions.
- For more information on SCCL and the NHS Supply chain please visit: www.supplychain.nhs.uk
NHS Supply Chain is an equal opportunities employer
SCCL is a company Registered in England and Wales, with company number 10881715, to act as the management function of the NHS Supply Chain.
SCCL values and respects the diversity of its employees and aims to recruit a workforce which reflects our diverse communities. We welcome applications irrespective of people’s age, disability, gender, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or other personal circumstances.
Our policies and procedures reflect our commitment to ensure that all applicants are treated fairly and consistently at every stage of the recruitment process.
SCCL reserve the right to close any vacancies from further submissions when we have received sufficient applications from which to make a shortlist. Please apply without delay if you wish to be considered for this role.
If you are shortlisted for interview you will be required to provide proof of ID and the right to work in the UK.