Expenses & Compliance Manager
Job Posted: 17 November 2022
Job Updated: 6 December 2022
Job Title: Expenses and Compliance Manager
Location: Equinox House, Nottingham – Hybrid Working
Salary: Band F £26,000-£35,000
Closing Date: Monday 19th December 2022
We have an exciting opportunity within NHS Supply Chain for an Expenses and Compliance Manager to join our Finance team.
What does an Expenses and Compliance Manager do at NHS Supply Chain?
As an Expenses and Compliance Manager you’ll play a fundamental role in managing expenses across the business and ensuring there are robust controls in place through ensuring there are appropriate finance controls and policies.
You’ll also be the first point of escalation for any queries or issues that may arise, as well as providing direction to the team. In addition, the Expenses and Compliance Manager will support the wider team in risk and business continuity.
To be successful in the role, you’ll have a good understanding of expenses processes and a good eye for detail. The work can be fast paced so you’ll need to be able to work under pressure and have great organisational skills.
The environment is ever changing so pro-active attitude and a willingness to learn and help others is a must.
What skills, qualifications and qualities do I need to be successful?
- Strong understanding of expenses processes
- Good eye for detail and good communication skills
- Experience of working in a face paced transactional environment
- Proactive attitude and willingness to learn and help others
- Intermediate Excel Skills
- Strong System experience and prior knowledge of accounting packages
How you’ll work
In Spring 2022 we moved to hybrid working; a blend of home and office working 2/3 days in the office and 2/3 days at home.
In return for your passion, enthusiasm, and hard work you will be rewarded with an attractive salary and benefits package, consisting of:
- Performance led annual bonus scheme
- 27 days holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to an additional 5 days
- Generous contributory pension scheme (up to 12% of your salary)
- Flexible benefits scheme – you will be able to choose from a variety of benefits such Life Insurance, Critical Illness Cover, Income Protection, Health Cash Plan, Dental Insurance and additional pension contributions that suit you
- 3 days paid Volunteering Leave
- Access to the Blue Light Card and NHS Discounts
- Flexible working options
- National Annual season ticket purchase scheme
- Eye Care vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme
NHS Supply Chain, who are we?
NHS Supply Chain (SCCL) is an organisation that procures and supplies ~£3.5bn of medical devices and consumables to the NHS every year, while driving strategy, standards, efficiency, and best practise across the entire NHS Supply Chain.
We have big plans for the future. Guided by our Vision and Strategy, we are determined to be a proactive and collaborative partner that delivers financial and health benefits across the whole healthcare system.
NHS Supply Chain requires clear, purposeful, and impactful transformation. To deliver our strategy we are rebalancing our business model, implementing a new operating model, and refreshing our core technology.
Our, Purpose, Vision and Strategy are clear. we provide direction, leadership, and commercial focus to improve health outcomes.
Vision: To make it easier for the NHS to put patients first
Purpose: Our role is to support the NHS to save lives and improve health
- Be Authentic
- Be Inclusive
- Be Driven
- Be Enterprising
- Be The Difference
- SCCL is a not an NHS organisation, you will join on SCCL terms and conditions.
- For more information on SCCL and the NHS Supply chain please visit: www.supplychain.nhs.uk
- For an informal discussion about the role in confidence please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a call with the Hiring Manager.
- A full role profile and person specification is available on request by emailing the above email address.
NHS Supply Chain is an equal opportunities employer
SCCL is a company Registered in England and Wales, with company number 10881715, to act as the management function of the NHS Supply Chain.
SCCL values and respects the diversity of its employees and aims to recruit a workforce which reflects our diverse communities. We welcome applications irrespective of people’s age, disability, gender, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or other personal circumstances.
Our policies and procedures reflect our commitment to ensure that all applicants are treated fairly and consistently at every stage of the recruitment process.
SCCL reserve the right to close any vacancies from further submissions when we have received sufficient applications from which to make a shortlist. Please apply without delay if you wish to be considered for this role.
If you are shortlisted for interview you will be required to provide proof of ID and the right to work in the UK.