Finance Accounts Associate
Job Posted: 15 February 2023
Job Updated: 15 March 2023
Job Title: Finance Accounts Associate
Function: Financial Control
Location: Nottingham (Hybrid)
Type: Fixed Term until 31st July 2023
Salary: £26,281 – £30,919
Closing Date: 31st March 2023
We have several exciting opportunities within NHS Supply Chain for a Finance Accounts Associate to join our team.
What does a Finance Accounts Associate do at NHS Supply Chain?
This is an exciting opportunity to apply accurate accounting and reporting across various operating units, to internal and external stakeholders to support timely decision making. In addition, you will be responsible for ensuring robust controls around numbers reported in the financial statements.
As a Finance Accounts Associate, you will support accounting for specific operating units and ensure that numbers included in the general ledger are accurate, timely and can be supported.
- Overall responsibility for a specific operating unit, ensuring accurate accounting
- Maintain processes and controls to ensure all transactions are recorded accurately, timely and in accordance with agreed accounting standards
- Preparing, verifying, and ensuring all balance sheet accounts are supported and reconciled with working paper files
- Providing monthly reporting to key stakeholders of all relevant P&L codes in accordance with relevant timetables, adding insight where relevant
- Ad hoc financial analysis and project support as required
- Liaising with auditors as required, to provide necessary information and resolve queries
Continual review of processes and procedures associated with the Accounting Team to drive continuous improvement
What skills, qualifications and qualities do I need to be successful?
- A professional accountancy qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent) or part-qualified
- Core finance knowledge, with in-depth awareness and understanding of accounting
- standards and technical guidance
- Proven experience of general ledger accounting and application of accounting standards
- Ability to produce and review working papers and reconciliations
- Good attention to detail with ability to prioritise and manage a varied workload to meet agreed deadlines
- Intermediate Excel Skills essential (Pivot Tables, Lookup Formulae)
How you’ll work
In Spring 2022 we moved to hybrid working; a blend of home and office working 2/3 days in the office and 2/3 days at home.
In return for your passion, enthusiasm, and hard work you will be rewarded with an attractive salary and benefits package, consisting of:
- Performance led annual bonus scheme
- 27 days holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to an additional 5 days
- Generous contributory pension scheme (up to 12% of your salary)
- Flexible benefits scheme – you will be able to choose from a variety of benefits such Life Insurance, Critical Illness Cover, Income Protection, Health Cash Plan, Dental Insurance and additional pension contributions that suit you
- 3 days paid Volunteering Leave
- Access to the Blue Light Card and NHS Discounts
- Flexible working options
- National Annual season ticket purchase scheme
- Eye Care vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme
NHS Supply Chain, who are we?
We are a part of the NHS family, and our role is to source, deliver and supply healthcare products, services and food for NHS trusts and healthcare organisations across England and Wales. We make sure the products we supply are always safe, quality assured and delivered efficiently.
We’re always listening to the people who use our products, so that we’re aware of the changing needs across the NHS. In all, we serve every NHS Trust and operate a national network of distribution centres. We also manage relationships with more than a thousand suppliers, delivering more than 8,000,000 orders each year to more than 17,000 locations.
And by doing all of this on behalf of the NHS, this gives NHS staff more time to focus on their main priority of proving excellent patient care.
Our, Purpose, Vision and Strategy are clear. We provide direction, leadership, and commercial focus to improve health outcomes.
Vision: To make it easier for the NHS to put patients first
Purpose: Our role is to support the NHS to save lives and improve health
- Be Authentic
- Be Inclusive
- Be Driven
- Be Enterprising
- Be The Difference
- SCCL is a not an NHS organisation, you will join on SCCL terms and conditions.
- For more information on SCCL and the NHS Supply chain please visit: www.supplychain.nhs.uk
NHS Supply Chain is an equal opportunities employer
SCCL is a company Registered in England and Wales, with company number 10881715, to act as the management function of the NHS Supply Chain.
SCCL values and respects the diversity of its employees and aims to recruit a workforce which reflects our diverse communities. We welcome applications irrespective of people’s age, disability, gender, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or other personal circumstances.
Our policies and procedures reflect our commitment to ensure that all applicants are treated fairly and consistently at every stage of the recruitment process.
SCCL reserve the right to close any vacancies from further submissions when we have received sufficient applications from which to make a shortlist. Please apply without delay if you wish to be considered for this role.
If you are shortlisted for interview you will be required to provide proof of ID and the right to work in the UK.