Finance Compliance Associate
Job Posted: 16 February 2023
Job Updated: 15 March 2023
Job Title: Finance and Compliance Associate
Job Ref: 412
Type: Fixed term contract until 31st July
Salary: £18,525 – £24,000
Closing Date: Friday 31st March 2023
NHS Supply Chain are recruiting for a Finance and Compliance Associate.
As a Finance and Compliance Associate, you’ll play a fundamental role in managing expenses across the business and ensuring there are robust controls in place through ensuring there are appropriate finance controls and policies. In addition, the Finance and Compliance Associate will support the wider team in risk and business continuity. To be successful in the role, you’ll have a good understanding of expenses processes and a good eye for detail. The work can be fast paced so you’ll need to be able to work under pressure and have great organisational skills. The environment is ever changing so pro-active attitude and a willingness to learn and help others is a must.
What does a Finance and Compliance Associate do at NHS Supply Chain?
- Be able to demonstrate an understanding of Expenses systems and processes within SCCL
- Be able to deliver timely and accurate expense claim processing and query handling
- Have a working understanding of business travel platforms, including Travel and Car Hire and ensure it is maintained
- Maintain relevant hierarchies in Oracle and ensure data is clean
- Ensuring there are appropriate finance policies in place
- Supporting the wider Financial Control and Transactional Services team with requirements around risk and business continuity
- Be able to document and recommend necessary corrections as well as any additional requirements to complete the receipts and expense reports in a timely manner
- Be able to ensure expenses are approved on time and chasing where required.
- Be involved in Controls reviews across the Finance and the wider business.
- Provide support to the Reporting, Treasury and Compliance Lead and wider Financial Control and Transactional Services Team
What skills, qualifications and qualities do I need to be successful?
- Strong understanding of expenses processes
- Good eye for detail and good communication skills
- Experience of working in a face paced transactional environment
- Proactive attitude and willingness to learn and help others
- Intermediate Excel Skills – use of Formulas and PivotTables
- Strong System experience and prior knowledge of accounting packages
- Knowledge of Oracle
- Good communication skills, and able to articulate instances of non-compliance to employees clearly
- Strong work ethic with a positive, pro-active attitude and willingness to help others in the team
- Good organisational skills
- Drive for continuous improvement
- Providing top quality customer service to the business
How you’ll work
Hybrid working; a blend of home and office working 2/3 days in the office and 2/3 days at home.
In return for your passion, enthusiasm, and hard work you will be rewarded with an attractive salary and benefits package, consisting of:
Performance led annual bonus scheme
27 days holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to an additional 5 days
Generous contributory pension scheme (up to 12% of your salary)
Flexible benefits scheme – you will be able to choose from a variety of benefits such Life Insurance, Critical Illness Cover, Income Protection, Health Cash Plan, Dental Insurance and additional pension contributions that suit you
3 days paid Volunteering Leave
Access to the Blue Light Card and NHS Discounts
Flexible working options
National Annual season ticket purchase scheme
Eye Care vouchers
Employee Assistance Programme
NHS Supply Chain, who are we?
NHS Supply Chain (SCCL) is an organisation that procures and supplies ~£3.5bn of medical devices and consumables to the NHS every year, while driving strategy, standards, efficiency, and best practise across the entire NHS Supply Chain.
We have big plans for the future. Guided by our Vision and Strategy, we are determined to be a proactive and collaborative partner that delivers financial and health benefits across the whole healthcare system.
NHS Supply Chain requires clear, purposeful, and impactful transformation. To deliver our strategy we are rebalancing our business model, implementing a new operating model, and refreshing our core technology.
Our, Purpose, Vision and Strategy are clear. we provide direction, leadership, and commercial focus to improve health outcomes.
Vision: To make it easier for the NHS to put patients first
Purpose: Our role is to support the NHS to save lives and improve health
Be The Difference
SCCL is a not an NHS organisation, you will join on SCCL terms and conditions.
For more information on SCCL and the NHS Supply chain please visit: www.supplychain.nhs.uk
NHS Supply Chain is an equal opportunities employer
SCCL is a company Registered in England and Wales, with company number 10881715, to act as the management function of the NHS Supply Chain.
SCCL values and respects the diversity of its employees and aims to recruit a workforce which reflects our diverse communities. We welcome applications irrespective of people’s age, disability, gender, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or other personal circumstances.
Our policies and procedures reflect our commitment to ensure that all applicants are treated fairly and consistently at every stage of the recruitment process.
SCCL reserve the right to close any vacancies from further submissions when we have received sufficient applications from which to make a shortlist. Please apply without delay if you wish to be considered for this role.
If you are shortlisted for interview you will be required to provide proof of ID and the right to work in the UK.