Lead Stakeholder Manager
Job Posted: 20 September 2021
Job Updated: 20 September 2021
Job Title – Lead Stakeholder Manager
Function – Strategy, Corporate Communications and Marketing
Location – Nottingham or London
Type – Permanent (either on a full or part time basis)
Salary – £57,000 – £76,000 per annum
Closing Date 9 October 2021
Stakeholder Relationship Management is seen as critical as we make the shift to becoming a more customer centric organisation in 21-22 and beyond. It is also critical post Covid to ensure that our business model and value proposition is well understood across the wider NHS system
This high profile and pivotal role will both manage our clinical stakeholder groups but additionally take the lead role within the Stakeholder Relationship Team having responsibility for the overall stakeholder relationship strategy and plan and the management of the Stakeholder Relationship Team with line management and development responsibility.
Working closely with the team, you will both map and develop the overall stakeholder relationship strategy and engagement plan across the SCCL business.
You will ensure that our key business narrative, and focus campaign messages are tailored to resonate with each audience and are equally understood internally by all those who engage. You will ensure that our Exec and Senior Management teams engage with the right individuals and groups and attend the right events. This is a fundamental part of our business strategy and pivotal in succeeding in our ambition to become a more customer focused business.
What does the Stakeholder Relationship Lead do at NHS Supply Chain?
- Works with the Head of Customer Offer to ensure an annual stakeholder relationship strategy and plan are developed and monitored throughout the year, reporting our impact regularly to our exec team.
- Supports the Stakeholder Relationship Managers with both day to day line management activity and development plans.
- Is the leading source of knowledge and continually curious about the clinical stakeholder landscape: understanding key policy changes, following professional media read by this audience and understanding the politics of this group. Additionally, they will have a strong awareness of the other stakeholder areas and how they fit together to create the bigger picture.
- Understands and verbalises the impact of changes and strategically feeds into key stakeholder meetings, advising the Supply Chain Executive Team and Senior Leadership Team members on the priorities and the messaging required
- Plays a role in creating the right content and speed of delivery of key customer campaigns working with the Marketing, Digital and Corporate Communications teams to ensure collateral presents compelling evidence to their stakeholder audience
- Ensures the NHS Supply Chain Customer Board are kept aware of our stakeholder relationship strategy.
What skills, qualifications and qualities do I need to be successful?
- Extensive knowledge of the UK healthcare landscape, ideally NHS
- Experience in dealing with a variety of professional bodies and senior level stakeholders, ideally within the preferred stakeholder group
- Excellent presentation and influencing skills at a senior level
- Experience of running and developing boards / professional groups
- Experience of budget setting & management
- Experience of developing a comms plan and influencing strategy
- Mid-level team management experience
How you’ll work:
Currently, all SCCL offices are closed until September 2021, so, for now, our colleagues are all working from home. From Spring 2022 we will move to hybrid working; a blend of home and office working – 2/3 days in the office and 2/3 days at home. From September 2021 we will be learning hybrid working together, so you can expect to travel to the offices perhaps once or twice a week.
In return for your passion, enthusiasm and hard work you will be rewarded with an attractive salary and benefits package, consisting of:
- Car allowance
- Performance led annual bonus scheme
- 27 days holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to an additional 5 days
- Generous contributory pension scheme (up to 12% of your salary)
- Flexible benefits scheme – you will be able to choose from a variety of benefits such Life Insurance, Critical Illness Cover, Income Protection, Health Cash Plan, Dental Insurance and additional pension contributions that suit you
- 3 days paid Volunteering Leave
- Access to the Blue Light Card and NHS Discounts
- Flexible working options
- National Annual season ticket purchase scheme
- Eye Care vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme
NHS Supply Chain, who are we?
We are part of the NHS family, managing more than 8 million orders per year across 94,000 order points and 17,465 locations. We deliver over 28 million lines of picked goods to the NHS annually and our systems consolidate orders from over 930 suppliers. We proudly deliver supply chain excellence and best value to NHS customers and patients through innovation, service and clinical expertise.
Our customers are at the centre of everything we do, we will ensure we continue to deliver the products and services needed by the NHS, both now and in the future. Our priorities for 2021/2022 focuses on the following areas:
- Customer: we will anchor our business on the needs of the NHS by supporting NHS trusts to deliver safe and excellent patient care and through continuing to build the services the NHS needs.
- Resilient: we will further strengthen the resilience of our supply chain by continuing to invest in key tools and capacity that build resilience and performance, across the end to end supply chain.
- Safe: we will deliver clinically assured, safe products that support improved outcomes for patients and users.
- Sustainable: we are committed to supporting the NHS objective of becoming the world’s first net carbon zero national health system through reducing single use plastics, supporting the circular economy, reducing our greenhouse gas emissions and improving human rights and labour standards.
- Efficient: we will ensure we have a high performing workforce and highly efficient organisation.
Supply Chain Coordination Limited acts as the management function for the NHS Supply Chain. By 2023/2024, we aim to save the NHS £2.4bn by leveraging the scale of the NHS to drive savings and provide a standardised range of quality assured clinical products.
- SCCL is a not an NHS organisation, you will join on SCCL terms and conditions.
- For more information on SCCL and the NHS Supply chain please visit: www.supplychain.nhs.uk
- For an informal no-obligation discussion in confidence about this role, please contact our recruitment team at email@example.com
NHS Supply Chain is an equal opportunities employer