Policy and Communications Coordinator – PPE Data Portal
Job Posted: 22 June 2022
Job Updated: 22 June 2022
Job Title: Policy and Communications Coordinator
Function: Commercial – PPE Data Portal
Type: Fixed Term Contract until 31st March 2023
Closing Date: Friday 8th July 2022
NHS Supply Chain are recruiting for a Policy and Communications Coordinator
The PPE Portal is an e-commerce platform, set up in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, which delivers PPE to over 52,000 health and social care providers in England. The Portal is now the main distribution route for non-acute health and social care settings and has delivered over 6 billion items of PPE to providers over the last year.
What does a Policy and Communications Coordinator do at NHS Supply Chain?
The Policy and Communications Coordinator will be responsible for developing and implementing regular communications to Portal customers to ensure regular, timely and relevant flow of information to support improved customer engagement. The post holder will also be responsible for planning communications strategy, engaging with policy teams to plan for future changes in PPE policy.
- Creating content and communicating with customers, responding to feedback and adjusting communications accordingly by identifying emerging issues
- Liaising with Department of Health & Social Care policy teams and manage changes in policy/ guidance.
- Considering future needs of customers
- Horizon scanning to identify internal and external challenges and opportunities and contributing to future planning/ strategy for the Portal
- Represent the Portal at stakeholder meetings and create content for internal communication including newsletters.
What skills, qualifications and qualities do I need to be successful?
- Demonstrable experience gained in an administration role with responsibility for policy/communications and strategy development
- Excellent communication skills with internal and external stakeholders essential and the ability to draft clear, concise public communications and provide accurate advice.
- Identifying potential issues for the future and providing solutions
- Demonstrable experience of working in a communications role where you have had to draft and deliver both proactive and reactive communications.
- Highly organised and proactive.
- Able to demonstrate ability to network and establish working relationships with internal stakeholders.
- Ability to follow process and seek approval where necessary.
- Experience in utilising a range of communication tools and channels effectively.
- Attention to detail.
- IT skills especially the Microsoft suite of tools.
- Good presentation skills.
How you’ll work:
In Spring 2022 we moved to hybrid working; a blend of home and office working 2/3 days in the office and 2/3 days at home.
In return for your passion, enthusiasm, and hard work you will be rewarded with an attractive salary and benefits package, consisting of:
- Performance led annual bonus scheme
- 27 days holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to an additional 5 days
- Generous contributory pension scheme (up to 12% of your salary)
- Flexible benefits scheme – you will be able to choose from a variety of benefits such Life Insurance, Critical Illness Cover, Income Protection, Health Cash Plan, Dental Insurance and additional pension contributions that suit you
- 3 days paid Volunteering Leave
- Access to the Blue Light Card and NHS Discounts
- Flexible working options
- National Annual season ticket purchase scheme
- Eye Care vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme
NHS Supply Chain, who are we?
NHS Supply Chain (SCCL) is an organisation that procures and supplies ~£3.5bn of medical devices and consumables to the NHS every year, while driving strategy, standards, efficiency, and best practise across the entire NHS Supply Chain.
We have big plans. Guided by our Vision and Strategy, we are determined to be a proactive and collaborative partner that delivers financial and health benefits across the whole healthcare system.
NHS Supply Chain requires clear, purposeful, and impactful transformation. To deliver our strategy we are rebalancing our business model, implementing a new operating model, and refreshing our core technology.
Our, Purpose, Vision and Strategy are clear. we provide direction, leadership, and commercial focus to improve health outcomes.
Vision: To make it easier for the NHS to put patients first
Purpose: Our role is to support the NHS to save lives and improve health
- Be Authentic
- Be Inclusive
- Be Driven
- Be Enterprising
- Be The Difference
- SCCL is a not an NHS organisation, you will join on SCCL terms and conditions.
- For more information on SCCL and the NHS Supply chain please visit: www.supplychain.nhs.uk
NHS Supply Chain is an equal opportunities employer
SCCL is a company Registered in England and Wales, with company number 10881715, to act as the management function of the NHS Supply Chain.
SCCL values and respects the diversity of its employees and aims to recruit a workforce which reflects our diverse communities. We welcome applications irrespective of people’s age, disability, gender, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or other personal circumstances.
Our policies and procedures reflect our commitment to ensure that all applicants are treated fairly and consistently at every stage of the recruitment process.
SCCL reserve the right to close any vacancies from further submissions when we have received sufficient applications from which to make a shortlist. Please apply without delay if you wish to be considered for this role.
If you are shortlisted for interview you will be required to provide proof of ID and the right to work in the UK.