Project Manager – PPE Data Portal
Job Posted: 14 March 2023
Job Updated: 15 March 2023
Job Title: Project Manager – PPE Data Portal
Function: Data Portal – Customer Engagement
Type: Fixed Term Contract for 9M
Job Ref: 422
Salary: Circa £50,000
Closing Date: Friday 31st March 2023.
NHS Supply Chain are recruiting for a Project Manager – PPE Data Portal.
What does a Project Manager – PPE Data Portal do at NHS Supply Chain?
The PPE Portal is an e-commerce platform, set up in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, which delivers PPE to over 52,000 health and social care providers in England. The Portal is now the main distribution route for non-acute health and social care settings and has delivered over 6 billion items of PPE to providers over the last year.
The role of the project manager is to maintain the relationship with our digital agency, CTI, ensuring the constant improvement of the site for customers. The project manager will work with the wider PPE Strategy team to manage the budget, data, risks and KPIs for the whole project.
- Day-to-day management of the PPE Portal. This includes handling any operational issues such as data input and maintaining systems, working with customers to improve the service.
- Working with internal stakeholders, and leading the relationship with our digital agency to ensure consistent improvement to the PPE Portal for customers
- Risk and issues management
- Budget management
- Reporting and KPIs
- Working to improve the efficiency of the end to end ordering process, including customer behaviour change and supply chain management.
- Contributing to the on-going development of the Portal with internal and external stakeholders.
- High level contract management and commercial oversight of the team
What skills, qualifications and qualities do I need to be successful?
- Excellent organisational skills
- Demonstrable project delivery and project management experience
- Experience of risk, issue, and budget management
- Good stakeholder manager skills of both internal and external stakeholders
- Flexible approach to working
- A level of digital and technical understanding, with an ability to communicate and lead collaboration between technical delivery teams and non-technical teams is desirable.
- Understand or experience of agile delivery including development of user stories, defining, and signing off user acceptance criteria, and backlog prioritisation.
How you’ll work
Hybrid working; a blend of home and office working 2/3 days in the office and 2/3 days at home.
In return for your passion, enthusiasm, and hard work you will be rewarded with an attractive salary and benefits package, consisting of:
- Performance led annual bonus scheme
- 27 days holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to an additional 5 days
- Generous contributory pension scheme (up to 12% of your salary)
- Flexible benefits scheme – you will be able to choose from a variety of benefits such Life Insurance, Critical Illness Cover, Income Protection, Health Cash Plan, Dental Insurance and additional pension contributions that suit you
- 3 days paid Volunteering Leave
- Access to the Blue Light Card and NHS Discounts
- Flexible working options
- National Annual season ticket purchase scheme
- Eye Care vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme
NHS Supply Chain, who are we?
We are a part of the NHS family, and our role is to source, deliver and supply healthcare products, services and food for NHS trusts and healthcare organisations across England and Wales. We make sure the products we supply are always safe, quality assured and delivered efficiently.
We’re always listening to the people who use our products, so that we’re aware of the changing needs across the NHS. In all, we serve every NHS Trust and operate a national network of distribution centres. We also manage relationships with more than a thousand suppliers, delivering more than 8,000,000 orders each year to more than 17,000 locations.
And by doing all of this on behalf of the NHS, this gives NHS staff more time to focus on their main priority of proving excellent patient care.
Our, Purpose, Vision and Strategy are clear. We provide direction, leadership, and commercial focus to improve health outcomes.
Vision: To make it easier for the NHS to put patients first
Purpose: Our role is to support the NHS to save lives and improve health
- Be Authentic
- Be Inclusive
- Be Driven
- Be Enterprising
- Be The Difference
- SCCL is a not an NHS organisation, you will join on SCCL terms and conditions.
- For more information on SCCL and the NHS Supply chain please visit: www.supplychain.nhs.uk
- For an informal discussion about the role in confidence please email us at Careers@supplychain.nhs.uk
NHS Supply Chain is an equal opportunities employer
SCCL is a company Registered in England and Wales, with company number 10881715, to act as the management function of the NHS Supply Chain.
SCCL values and respects the diversity of its employees and aims to recruit a workforce which reflects our diverse communities. We welcome applications irrespective of people’s age, disability, gender, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or other personal circumstances.
Our policies and procedures reflect our commitment to ensure that all applicants are treated fairly and consistently at every stage of the recruitment process.
SCCL reserve the right to close any vacancies from further submissions when we have received sufficient applications from which to make a shortlist. Please apply without delay if you wish to be considered for this role.
If you are shortlisted for interview you will be required to provide proof of ID and the right to work in the UK.