Job Posted: 23 June 2022
Job Updated: 23 June 2022
Job Title – Savings Associate
Function – Finance
Location – Alfreton or Normanton
Type – 12 months fixed term
Salary – £26,000 – £35,000
Closing date: Friday 8th July 2022
NHS Supply Chain are recruiting for a Savings Associate. The post holder will be responsible for analysing, interpreting, and developing data into relevant information to support the wider Savings / Business realisation team. They will contribute and, on some occasions, take the lead on analysing category tower / customer information with the aim of validating and bringing to a satisfactory conclusion.
The associate will support the Savings Managers in the performance and delivery of savings in line with the current savings methodologies. They will use the current savings methodologies to ensure their activities are managed to support the category towers service providers and NHS trusts. They hold an important position in relation to the team with their ability to interpret complex data sets and deliver a clear and concise message back to stakeholders
What does a Savings Associate do at NHS Supply Chain?
- Be a key point of contact for the Procurement, Customer Engagement and Sales teams within NHSSC on all detailed savings validations and methodology queries
- Take the lead of Savings Project activities, where required, on behalf of the Savings Manager and Senior Benefits Realisation Manager
- Proactively support the Savings team, and wider SCCL business by providing accurate, timely information and insights to ensure they are in a position to support NHS Trusts.
- Assist with the accurate and timely delivery of projects and information to agreed timescales
- Working with internal stakeholders, provide insightful data and analysis to meet their planned and ad-hoc requirements.
- Be a subject matter expert, and business leader in the established savings methodologies
- Provide robust and consistent role identifying and validating savings against agreed methodologies
- Help to co-ordinate and assist in the presentation of regular savings communications into Customers including Procurement, Customer Engagement & wider stakeholders
- Build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrate clear and professional, positive communication with all relevant parties
- Demonstrate a flexible approach to roles in achieving team goals and overall savings targets, capturing savings, and always communicating best practice
- Responsible for approving base price amendments as per scheme of delegation
- Proactively challenge, and improve the end-to-end savings validation and reporting process
- Continually maintain SOP’s and working documents to reflect current working practices and controls
- Manage own performance, and professional development; and undertake regular 1:1 meeting with line manager and annual appraisals
What skills, qualifications and qualities do I need to be successful?
- Experience of providing performance assurance services in a complex organisation
- Demonstrable experience of evidence-based assurance
- Demonstrable experience of managing own workload to set timetables with conflicting goals
- Qualification or equivalent experience demonstrating proficiency of MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel & Outlook).
- Willingness to undertake professional development opportunities
- Structured thinker and planner
- Advanced analytical and numeracy skills
How you’ll work:
As of now our offices are open, this role will be a hybrid working; a blend of home and office working 1/2 days in the office and the other days at home.
In return for your passion, enthusiasm, and hard work you will be rewarded with an attractive salary and benefits package, consisting of:
Performance led annual bonus scheme
27 days holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to an additional 5 days
Generous contributory pension scheme (up to 12% of your salary)
Flexible benefits scheme – you will be able to choose from a variety of benefits such Life Insurance, Critical Illness Cover, Income Protection, Health Cash Plan, Dental Insurance and additional pension contributions that suit you
3 days paid Volunteering Leave
Access to the Blue Light Card and NHS Discounts
Flexible working options
National Annual season ticket purchase scheme
Eye Care vouchers
Employee Assistance Programme
NHS Supply Chain, who are we?
We are part of the NHS family, managing more than 8 million orders per year across 94,000 order points and 17,465 locations. We deliver over 28 million lines of picked goods to the NHS annually and our systems consolidate orders from over 930 suppliers. We proudly deliver supply chain excellence and best value to NHS customers and patients through innovation, service and clinical expertise.
Our customers are at the centre of everything we do, we will ensure we continue to deliver the products and services needed by the NHS, both now and in the future. Our priorities for 2021/2022 focuses on the following areas:
- Customer: we will anchor our business on the needs of the NHS by supporting NHS trusts to deliver safe and excellent patient care and through continuing to build the services the NHS needs.
- Resilient: we will further strengthen the resilience of our supply chain by continuing to invest in key tools and capacity that build resilience and performance, across the end to end supply chain.
- Safe: we will deliver clinically assured, safe products that support improved outcomes for patients and users.
- Sustainable: we are committed to supporting the NHS objective of becoming the world’s first net carbon zero national health system through reducing single use plastics, supporting the circular economy, reducing our greenhouse gas emissions and improving human rights and labour standards.
- Efficient: we will ensure we have a high performing workforce and highly efficient organisation.
Supply Chain Coordination Limited acts as the management function for the NHS Supply Chain. By 2023/2024, we aim to save the NHS £2.4bn by leveraging the scale of the NHS to drive savings and provide a standardised range of quality assured clinical products.
- SCCL is a not an NHS organisation, you will join on SCCL terms and conditions.
- For more information on SCCL and the NHS Supply chain please visit: www.supplychain.nhs.uk
NHS Supply Chain is an equal opportunities employer
SCCL is a company Registered in England and Wales, with company number 10881715, to act as the management function of the NHS Supply Chain.
SCCL values and respects the diversity of its employees and aims to recruit a workforce which reflects our diverse communities. We welcome applications irrespective of people’s age, disability, gender, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or other personal circumstances.
Our policies and procedures reflect our commitment to ensure that all applicants are treated fairly and consistently at every stage of the recruitment process.
SCCL reserve the right to close any vacancies from further submissions when we have received sufficient applications from which to make a shortlist. Please apply without delay if you wish to be considered for this role.
If you are shortlisted for interview you will be required to provide proof of ID and the right to work in the UK.