Senior Commercial Analyst
Job Posted: 19 November 2021
Job Updated: 19 November 2021
Job Title – Senior Commercial Analyst
Function – Finance
Location – Nottingham City Centre or Alfreton (with working from home options)
Type – Permanent (37.5 hours per week, full time)
Salary – £37,000 – £45,000 per annum
Closing Date – 5 December 2021
NHS Supply Chain is a £2.1bn turnover healthcare / supply chain business which has ambitious growth plans in place and is set to increase its market share from c. 50% to 80% over the next 2-3 years. We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Commercial Analyst to join our Finance team; you’ll use your skills to be part of a journey to release money into the NHS so it can be used in front line patient care.
Reporting to the Additional Income Manager, you will play a key role and support the team to account for and collect supplier rebates and management fees due to the business, ensuring maximisation of the revenues achievable in a timely and accurate manner.
Due to the mixed nature of this role it would be ideal for someone wanting to move from a technical / pure numbers role into a more stakeholder facing role whilst still utilising key analytical and accounting skills.
What does a Senior Commercial Analyst do at NHS Supply Chain?
- Supports the operational business to deliver against financial objectives
- Ensures all income is appropriately recorded and where necessary recognised as part of the savings metrics (ensuring both customer and Category Tower views are correctly represented)
- Oversees the month end process, ensure completion in a timely manner and accurate accruals are in place
- Ensures the balance sheet is fully reconciled after each month end for all AI accounts
- Manages the collection of the aged debt, ensure the team are working on collecting all aged debt, be the next escalation level for any supplier queries and issues which the team can’t resolve
- Develops and implements continuous review & improve the processes within the team, strive for efficiency but always ensure fit for purpose outputs.
- Works closely with the Business Partners and Towers to ensure efficient AI reporting to support value adding decisions
- Manages key stakeholder relationships across the outsource provider, supply chain and finance, to ensure delivery of c£50m of income for SCCL
What skills, qualifications and qualities do I need to be successful?
- Qualified Accountant to CIMA / ACCA / ACA, or equivalent experience
- Experience of implementing financial improvement initiatives
- Experience maintaining successful relationships across a range of internal and external stakeholders
- Development and review / challenge of financial budgets, identifying and realising additional opportunities
- Experience of contract management
- Experience of rebate management
- Budgeting and costing techniques
- Financial modelling
In return for your passion, enthusiasm and hard work you will be rewarded with an attractive salary and benefits package, consisting of:
- A competitive salary
- Performance led annual bonus scheme
- 27 days holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase upto an additional 5 days
- Generous contributory pension scheme (upto 12%)
- Flexible benefits scheme – you will be able to choose from a variety of benefits such Life Insurance, Critical Illness Cover, Income Protection, Health Cash Plan, Dental Insurance and additional pension contributions that suit you
- 3 days Volunteering leave
- Access to the Blue Light Card and NHS Discounts
- Flexible working options
- National Annual season ticket purchase scheme
- Eye Care vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme
NHS Supply Chain, who are we?
Supply Chain Coordination Limited (SCCL) is a government organisation that acts as the management function for the NHS Supply Chain. We proudly deliver supply chain excellence and best value to NHS customers and patients through innovation, service and clinical expertise.
By 2023/2024, we aim to save the NHS £2.4bn by leveraging the scale of the NHS to drive savings and provide a standardised range of quality assured clinical products that meet the diverse needs of the NHS across all areas.
All our colleagues share the same values. We are: ambitious, enterprising, respectful, innovative and integral. It is through our behaviours, passion and excellence, that we can improve lives as the supply chain partner of choice for the NHS.
- Supply Chain Coordination Limited (SCCL) is a not an NHS organisation, you will join on SCCL terms and conditions.
- For more information on SCCL and the NHS Supply chain please visit: www.supplychain.nhs.uk
- For an informal discussion about the role, please contact our recruitment team on SCCL-HR-Recruitment@supplychain.nhs.uk
NHS Supply Chain is an equal opportunities employer
SCCL is a company Registered in England and Wales, with company number 10881715, to act as the management function of the NHS Supply Chain.
SCCL values and respects the diversity of its employees and aims to recruit a workforce which reflects our diverse communities. We welcome applications irrespective of people’s age, disability, gender, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or other personal circumstances.
Our policies and procedures reflect our commitment to ensure that all applicants are treated fairly and consistently at every stage of the recruitment process.
SCCL reserve the right to close any vacancies from further submissions when we have received sufficient applications from which to make a shortlist. Please apply without delay if you wish to be considered for this role.
If you are shortlisted for interview you will be required to provide proof of ID and the right to work in the UK.