Senior Data Governance Business Partner
Job Posted: 14 July 2022
Job Updated: 2 August 2022
Job Title: Senior Data Governance Business Partner
Function: Data Services (Finance)
Location: Nottingham / Hybrid
Type: Permanent (full time, 37.5 hours per week)
Closing Date: Tuesday 16th August 2022
NHS Supply Chain are recruiting for a Senior Data Governance Business Partner
What does a Senior Data Governance Business Partner do at NHS Supply Chain?
- Work collaboratively with business stakeholders and delivery partners to ensure effective design and delivery of the data management roadmap
- Establish and continuously improve an effective and efficient data governance service which maximises operational efficiency for our customer balanced with the necessary control
- Provide expert advice and support on managing data more efficiently, safely, and collaboratively
- Responsible for ensuring data policies and standards are maintained, and compliance and maturity are measured accurately as KPIs
- Act as a gatekeeper for SCCL data ensuring the collection, storage and use of it is compliant with all relevant regulations and policies
- Be passionate about data quality and continuously strive to promote data quality and consistency and effective data control
What skills, qualifications and qualities do I need to be successful?
- Expertise and demonstrable experience of multiple data management DMBOK knowledge areas, including Data Quality Management and Data Governance, including GDPR
- Significant experience working in a complex data landscape
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to define and implement creative solutions to meet business needs
- Strong business focus with demonstrable ability to form effective working relationships, be resourceful and resolve conflicts
- Excellent communication and briefing skills
- Pragmatic and enabling skills balanced with a strategic focus and mindset
How you’ll work:
In Spring 2022 we moved to hybrid working; a blend of home and office working 2/3 days in the office and 2/3 days at home.
In return for your passion, enthusiasm, and hard work you will be rewarded with an attractive salary and benefits package, consisting of:
- Performance led annual bonus scheme
- 27 days holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to an additional 5 days
- Generous contributory pension scheme (up to 12% of your salary)
- Flexible benefits scheme – you will be able to choose from a variety of benefits such Life Insurance, Critical Illness Cover, Income Protection, Health Cash Plan, Dental Insurance and additional pension contributions that suit you
- 3 days paid Volunteering Leave
- Access to the Blue Light Card and NHS Discounts
- Flexible working options
- National Annual season ticket purchase scheme
- Eye Care vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme
NHS Supply Chain, who are we?
NHS Supply Chain (SCCL) is an organisation that procures and supplies ~£3.5bn of medical devices and consumables to the NHS every year, while driving strategy, standards, efficiency, and best practise across the entire NHS Supply Chain.
We have big plans. Guided by our Vision and Strategy, we are determined to be a proactive and collaborative partner that delivers financial and health benefits across the whole healthcare system.
NHS Supply Chain requires clear, purposeful, and impactful transformation. To deliver our strategy we are rebalancing our business model, implementing a new operating model, and refreshing our core technology.
Our, Purpose, Vision and Strategy are clear. we provide direction, leadership, and commercial focus to improve health outcomes.
Vision: To make it easier for the NHS to put patients first
Purpose: Our role is to support the NHS to save lives and improve health
- Be Authentic
- Be Inclusive
- Be Driven
- Be Enterprising
- Be The Difference
- SCCL is a not an NHS organisation, you will join on SCCL terms and conditions.
- For more information on SCCL and the NHS Supply chain please visit: www.supplychain.nhs.uk
NHS Supply Chain is an equal opportunities employer
SCCL is a company Registered in England and Wales, with company number 10881715, to act as the management function of the NHS Supply Chain.
SCCL values and respects the diversity of its employees and aims to recruit a workforce which reflects our diverse communities. We welcome applications irrespective of people’s age, disability, gender, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or other personal circumstances.
Our policies and procedures reflect our commitment to ensure that all applicants are treated fairly and consistently at every stage of the recruitment process.
SCCL reserve the right to close any vacancies from further submissions when we have received sufficient applications from which to make a shortlist. Please apply without delay if you wish to be considered for this role.
If you are shortlisted for interview you will be required to provide proof of ID and the right to work in the UK.