Senior Ledger Services Controller Accounts Payable
Job Posted: 23 November 2021
Job Updated: 23 November 2021
Job Title: Senior Ledger Services Controller – Accounts Payable
Function: Transactional Services
Type: Full Time Permanent
Salary: £26,000 – £30,000
Closing Date: 5th December 2021
NHS Supply Chain are recruiting for a Senior Ledger Services Controller – Accounts Payable
What does a Senior Ledger Services Controller – Accounts Payable do at NHS Supply Chain?
- Lead & support Continuous Improvement activities and act as a SME on key processes.
- Actively manage supplier debt in accordance with agreed terms, policies and procedures and promptly resolve queries to maintain continuation of supply, and maximise cash flow and benefits available from prompt payment
- Ability to manage time and switch between BAU tasks including Supplier management and CI Task/Escalations
- Work alongside Accounts Payable Team Leader be a key point of contact for Supplier escalations
- Periodic reviews of processes that support overall strategy and roadmap
- Raising awareness and involving wider business in:
- Prompt Resolution of holds
- Addressing cause of holds to eliminate at source and managing supplier expectations
What skills, qualifications and qualities do I need to be successful?
- Advanced analytical and numeracy skills
- Team Leadership skills, where possible
- Commercial Acumen and high-level NHS operational awareness
- Management of the processing and handling of large volumes of data
- Commercial effectiveness in managing supplier relationships
- Ability to work well to deadlines
- Coaching skills for junior team members
- Communication, negotiating and influencing skills
- Effective problem solving
- Significant experience in Ledger Services environment
- Significant experience within an Accounts Payable type environment, with some leadership experience preferred
- Interrogation and manipulation of data electronically
- Oracle R12 experience
- Strong numeric and analytical skills
- KPI and SLA development and implementation
- Process improvement and systems implementations
How you’ll work:
Currently, all SCCL offices are closed until September 2021, so, for now, our colleagues are all working from home. From Spring 2022 we will move to hybrid working; a blend of home and office working – 2/3 days in the office and 2/3 days at home. From September 2021 we will be learning hybrid working together, so you can expect to travel to the offices perhaps once or twice a week.
In return for your passion, enthusiasm and hard work you will be rewarded with an attractive salary and benefits package, consisting of:
- Performance led annual bonus scheme
- 27 days holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to an additional 5 days
- Generous contributory pension scheme (up to 12% of your salary)
- Flexible benefits scheme – you will be able to choose from a variety of benefits such Life Insurance, Critical Illness Cover, Income Protection, Health Cash Plan, Dental Insurance and additional pension contributions that suit you
- 3 days paid Volunteering Leave
- Access to the Blue Light Card and NHS Discounts
- Flexible working options
- National Annual season ticket purchase scheme
- Eye Care vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme
NHS Supply Chain, who are we?
We are part of the NHS family, managing more than 8 million orders per year across 94,000 order points and 17,465 locations. We deliver over 28 million lines of picked goods to the NHS annually and our systems consolidate orders from over 930 suppliers. We proudly deliver supply chain excellence and best value to NHS customers and patients through innovation, service and clinical expertise.
Our customers are at the centre of everything we do, we will ensure we continue to deliver the products and services needed by the NHS, both now and in the future. Our priorities for 2021/2022 focuses on the following areas:
- Customer: we will anchor our business on the needs of the NHS by supporting NHS trusts to deliver safe and excellent patient care and through continuing to build the services the NHS needs.
- Resilient: we will further strengthen the resilience of our supply chain by continuing to invest in key tools and capacity that build resilience and performance, across the end to end supply chain.
SCCL is a company Registered in England and Wales, with company number 10881715, to act as the management function of the NHS Supply Chain.
SCCL values and respects the diversity of its employees and aims to recruit a workforce which reflects our diverse communities. We welcome applications irrespective of people’s age, disability, gender, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or other personal circumstances.
Our policies and procedures reflect our commitment to ensure that all applicants are treated fairly and consistently at every stage of the recruitment process.
SCCL reserve the right to close any vacancies from further submissions when we have received sufficient applications from which to make a shortlist. Please apply without delay if you wish to be considered for this role.
If you are shortlisted for interview you will be required to provide proof of ID and the right to work in the UK.