Working with you over the August Bank Holiday
To help you through the August Bank Holiday, we would like to share with you the plans we have in place to ensure you receive the important service care you require for your organisation.
August Bank Holiday
Customer Services will be closed and not making deliveries on Monday 26 August 2019.
If you normally have a Monday delivery, please speak to your Customer Service Advisor to discuss your requirements over the Bank Holiday.
Please see below for our ordering and delivery schedule during this period.
Please note, to ensure your delivery is not delayed and arrives on your scheduled delivery day, there may be a need to input your order earlier than usual.
|August Bank Holiday Ordering and Delivery Schedule|
|Order Input Date||Delivery Date||Delivery Comment|
|Wednesday 21 August||Friday 23 August||Input as usual|
|Thursday 22 August||Tuesday 27 August||Change to usual schedule|
|Friday 23 August||Wednesday 28 August||Change to usual schedule|
|Monday 26 August||Closed for input and delivery||Closed|
|Tuesday 27 August||Thursday 29 August||Input as usual|
Evening and night time deliveries (out of hours)
August Bank Holiday
- The last delivery before the Bank Holiday will be on the evening / night of Thursday 22 August 2019.
- Deliveries will resume on the evening / night of Monday 26 August2019.
Happy to help you
Orders placed around these dates in August, may be affected by Bank Holiday closures, please refer to the delivery schedule above to understand how this may affect your orders.
Please support us in delivering a successful service to the NHS during the upcoming Bank Holiday period by taking the following steps:
- Review your wards and departments who normally have Monday deliveries only. Consider if they will require a delivery on an alternative day, plan accordingly and advise Customer Services which day demand will be moved to.
- Delivery will not automatically defer to an alternative day of the week without prior arrangement with your Customer Service Advisor.
- If NHS Supply Chain only deliver to your site on a Monday, and there is a need to explore an alternative delivery day, please contact your Customer Service Advisor (by Friday 2 August 2019) who will seek to arrange an additional delivery during the Bank Holiday period.
- Complete any stock build as early as possible – avoid double orders in the week before a Bank Holiday.
- Consider the Blue Diamond and eDirect products you require – taking into account product lead times, to ensure you receive deliveries on time.
- Speak to your Customer Service Advisor to discuss your ordering plans; your advice will support our operations and transport teams in effectively planning resource to deliver your requirements on time.
- To ensure continuation of Standing Orders during the Bank Holiday period, review them at least a week prior to the Bank Holiday by using your internal reports (TR23) on our website. Please contact your customer Service Advisor if you require any assistance in doing this.
Roll cage management
The return of roll cages is vital to ensuring we continue to deliver to you on time and using the preferred containers, even more so, on the approach to a Bank Holiday when demand increases. Please ensure all departments return cages to stores promptly and are not used for storage, laundry or any other purpose that would delay their return to NHS Supply Chain. Contact Customer Services if you have any concerns about our frequency of containers collections, or about container misuse by third parties.
Urgent or unexpected orders
- If you have urgent, unexpected or larger than normal requirements, please contact us. Our Customer Service Advisors can help you plan during demanding times in the lead up to the August Bank Holiday.
Actions and timescales
Any advice you can provide regarding your Bank Holiday demand planning is very important in supporting planning of both resource and equipment at our distribution centres.
Should you require any advice or prefer to discuss your Bank Holiday planning by telephone, in the first instance please speak to your contact below:
firstname.lastname@example.org for Alfreton depot
Rebecca.email@example.com for Bridgwater depot
firstname.lastname@example.org for Bury depot
email@example.com for Maidstone depot
Julie.firstname.lastname@example.org for Normanton depot
email@example.com for Rugby depot
firstname.lastname@example.org for Runcorn depot
We recognise the August Bank Holiday is a busy period and we would like to thank you for your continued support and cooperation.