Managed Procurement Programme for Medical Capital Equipment Replacement
The Managed Procurement Programme (MPP) is designed to support the financing and management of long-term capital equipment replacement and maintenance plans. The programme provides a free bespoke consultancy service to trusts and is delivered by the Category Tower Service Provider (CTSP), NHS Supply Chain: Large Diagnostic Capital Equipment including Mobile and Services.
It offers you a dedicated Project Manager to ensure your clinically assured capital replacement plans are renewed on time and approved by all your relevant stakeholders. Ensuring compliance and creating maximum savings are central to the programme.
Who is this programme aimed at?
- Directors of Development
- Heads of Finance
- Heads of Procurement.
- Future proofing purchases – the service aims to future proof the replacement and financing of medical equipment offered by the CTSP.
- Collaborative replacement plan development – we go beyond simplistic analysis of asset age. We structure the replacement plan with you and your clinical teams, through an assessment of your equipment technology, clinical performance and maintainability.
- Business case approval support – provision of detailed analysis and support to navigate your trust’s business case approval processes. Our objective is to establish a clinically assured plan that is fully costed and signed off for funding by key stakeholders.
- Dedicated MPP Project Manager – once your plan is approved, you will be assigned a dedicated MPP Project Manager who will bring together all the activities required to procure and deliver the programme.
- Compliant procurement processes with cost-effective outcomes – through this support, we will ensure that your procurement processes are compliant and simple, leveraging a variety of procurement mechanisms to maximise budgets and deliver savings.
- Reviews – we will carry out periodic reviews of your replacement plan to ensure it is fit for purpose and adapts to your changing needs.
Want to find out more?
If you think your trust may benefit from this programme, please contact our Solutions Development team, to find out more: