New Robotics Framework
This new framework offers a wide range of robotic surgical equipment for NHS hospital trusts across the whole of England, together with a compliant purchasing route.
The two surgical settings covered are minimally invasive surgery and spinal or neurological surgery.
Benefits of using robotics in surgery include:
- Faster recovery times and reduced risk of infection
- Reduced postoperative pain reported by patients
- A reduction in the risk of adhesion formation and post-operative hernias
- Better cosmetic results for patients
- Safer working position for surgeons from a console controlling the movements of robotic arms.
For our NHS customers, this represents a more effective use of vital resources and further savings for hospitals due to patients requiring shorter stays.