Ostomates: Shaping stoma care nationally
See our Downloads ▼ section if you would prefer to have a printable PDF version.
This project aims to look at options available across the NHS system to procure products and services for stoma care provision through NHS Supply Chain to:
- Ensure that ostomates have access to the most clinically beneficial products which capture the value added elements of the product range across the NHS
- Explore different ways in which stoma provision is provided, giving the opportunity to look at costs, but more importantly to capture and monitor outcomes, ultimately resulting in the best outcomes for all ostomates requiring stoma care provision across the NHS landscape
- Influence product choice and supply route across the health and social care landscape
- Use the intelligence gathered from clinical stakeholders to inform and influence the workstreams supporting the development of the new NHS Supply Chain Stoma Care project.
Our aims and objectives
We are now at the beginning of our journey together and we are collecting intelligence on stoma products and services, this includes:
The aim of intelligence gathering in relation to stoma products and services, is to understand patient, healthcare professional and industry perspectives.
Our objectives are to:
- Identify best practice to replicate nationally
- Engage with the Stoma Specialist workforce to improve training and education
- Create a national formulary which supports a national patient pathway
- Identify models to support timely, efficient and equitable product access
- Develop a patient centric toolkit to provide guidelines for management of patient needs and to ensure we capture, represent and reflect the clinical need
- Review the current supply routes into the NHS for stoma and to identify models to support timely, efficient, and equitable product access.
Get involved and help shape our stoma care project
Share your knowledge and experience with us in more detail.
We will be hosting a series of forums and workshops for you to participate in, and we will be conducting an online survey*.
Contact us for further details and to register your interest in this project.
Or email us at: email@example.com
*All information given will be managed in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations (see the privacy notice at the start of the online survey).
Download the printable version of this articleIf you prefer to print this content