Food To Go
This framework starts on 8 February 2021, runs for 24 months and ends on 6 February 2023. There is an option to extend for an additional 24 months.
There are two lots on this new framework:
- Lot 1- Patient Feeding
- Lot 2- Retail Feeding Solutions.
These products can be used in Staff and Visitor restaurants areas and are used by wards for patient feeding. View Product Categories to see a list of all product areas.
Features of the framework include:
- An increased number of suppliers to provide a competitive framework – allowing competition between local, regional and national suppliers to deliver quality, choice and value.
- We will hold mini-competitions with trusts’ requirements on a broadened product base, to get the best outcome in both price and quality.
- We will utilise culinary, dietetic and market expertise and shared market insights to help trusts achieve savings available on this framework.
Please note: This is a direct framework agreement that works alongside the Government Buying Standards project, incorporating sustainable and ethical procurement.
See our Useful Links section below to view our Critical Projects Bulletin. We have worked closely with suppliers to understand potential risks and mitigation plans for the EU Exit.
See our Downloads ▼ section for supplier contact details and Product Matrix.
There are 13 suppliers in total on this framework, of which:
- One supplier is new to the framework
- Six suppliers are incumbent
- Six suppliers are new to NHS Supply Chain.
- Lot 1 - Patient Feeding Sandwiches
- Lot 2 - Retail Sandwiches, Hot and Cold Eats, Hospitality Platters, Prepared Salads, Sweet and Savoury Pastry and Snack Pots.
- Leading suppliers on contract – providing enhanced range and value from a single source.
- Pay less – with NHS Supply Chain you have a wider range of product options so you can select the ones that are fit for purpose and value for money.
- Leave your tendering to us – spend less time and money on tendering and let our procurement specialists undertake it on your behalf.
- Back office savings – the efficiency of our service, ranging from e-ordering to consolidated deliveries, enables significant back office savings.
- An integrated approach – the financial benefits of NHS Supply Chain go beyond just product prices. Our approach is an integrated one that reduces cost throughout the supply chain, from raw materials to global logistics, resulting in a much lower total cost.
- Purchasing through our route – when there are changes in the market, we can help minimise the impact of price rises and give support with cost saving initiatives.
Our knowledge and expertise
- Dedicated Customer Relationship Managers – your day to day contact for all queries. They will help you identify savings opportunities, solve any issues on your behalf and ensure high service levels are always met.
- NHS Supply Chain Buyers – procurement specialists in their product fields who can give expert advice on new and alternative products.
- Implementation Team – experts in helping you set up the new processes and training required when introducing new products.
- Customer Services Team – with the daily support provided by our dedicated and knowledgeable advisors and service managers you know you are in safe hands.
- Customer Assurance – providing customers with the confidence and assurance of products using a process of clinical evaluation and engagement with clinical users. This ensures all products are clinically assured by the CaPA process supported by engagement with an aligned Trusted Customer.
Peace of mind
- Dependable deliveries – having access to the know-how and resources of one of the world’s largest logistics companies means we can offer unrivaled dependability and responsiveness when it comes to our delivery services.
- Framework agreement – awarded in accordance with European procurement legislation.
- Sustainable development – we are certified to ISO 140001 International Standard for Environment Management System.