Intraocular Lenses, Ophthalmic Packs, Instruments, Consumables and Equipment
This framework starts on 1 September 2017, runs for 31 months and ends on 31 March 2020.
The Intraocular Lenses, Ophthalmic Packs, Instruments, Consumables and Equipment Framework offers both a wide range of products and suppliers. It encompasses products covering all clinical applications and technologies, providing choice and potential savings opportunities. The offering is flexible and incorporates new technologies and brand choice also allowing customers to order at low quantities to a wide variety of requisition points down to ward level.
Prices and savings
This framework also offers savings via bespoke regional pricing with the introduction of EDC-Gold onto this framework will reduce ordering time, barcode scanning and will eliminate discrepancies on the consignment banks within the trusts.
There are no standard prices for IOLs, typically the price of IOL is dependant upon volume, range and period of commitment. Prices are available on request from NHS Supply Chain via mini-competitions or pre-agreed pricing structures based on volume and/or product range requirements.
Devices and instruments
Pricing for devices and instruments are listed on the Online Catalogue. If you think you qualify for further discounts based on your volume requirements, please contact us for further information.
There is some cross over with our capital framework offering Phacoemulsification machines. Cataract procedures using a phacoemulsification machine require phaco procedure packs which are available via this framework. Phaco machines can also be issued free of charge, with the purchase amortised through the phaco procedure packs.
We have been working to agree a pricing structure with contracted suppliers for IOLs and related consumables. If you know the exact product range and the volumes required, we can give you indicative pricing. Your requirements will then be sent to your chosen supplier, who will then agree pricing structures and start dates for your orders.
This option is appropriate if you have a product specification and known annual volume with more than one supplier capable of meeting your requirements. NHS Supply Chain will then invite the relevant suppliers to take part in the process. The supplier(s) who achieve(s) the highest scores against the award criteria on the mini competition will be successful.
For further information please contact your NHS Supply Chain Account Manager.
See our Downloads ▼ section for the latest Product Listings.
- 3M Healthcare
- Accrington Surgical Instrument Suppliers Ltd NEW
- Alcon Eye Care
- Altomed Ltd
- AMO UK Ltd
- Aspen Medical Europe Ltd
- Bausch & Lomb UK Ltd
- Beaver-Visitec International sales
- Blink Medical NEW
- BSN Medical Ltd
- Carl Zeiss UK Ltd
- DORC Limited NEW
- John Weiss & Son Ltd
- Kestrel Ophthalmics Ltd
- Lenstec (Barbados) Inc
- Lyall Willis & Co Ltd NEW
- M.I.S.S. Ophthalmics Ltd
- Malosa Medical
- MATZ Medical NEW
- Molnlycke Healthcare Ltd
- Rayner Intraocular Lenses Ltd
- RB Medical Engineering Ltd
- Rocialle (a trading division of Sunlight services group) NEW
- SD Healthcare Ltd
- Sisk Healthcare t/a M.E.D Surgical NEW
- Vision Matrix Ltd
- Vision Pharmaceuticals
- Leading suppliers on contract – providing enhanced range and value from a single source.
- Pay less – with NHS Supply Chain you have a wider range of product options so you can select the ones that are fit for purpose and value for money.
- Leave your tendering to us – spend less time and money on tendering and let our procurement specialists undertake it on your behalf.
- Back office savings – the efficiency of our service, ranging from e-ordering to consolidated deliveries, enables significant back office savings.
- An integrated approach – the financial benefits of NHS Supply Chain go beyond just product prices. Our approach is an integrated one that reduces cost throughout the supply chain, from raw materials to global logistics, resulting in a much lower total cost.
- Purchasing through our route – when there are changes in the market, we can help minimise the impact of price rises and give support with cost saving initiatives.
Our knowledge and expertise
- Dedicated Account Managers – your day to day contact for all queries. They will help you identify savings opportunities, solve any issues on your behalf and ensure high service levels are always met.
- NHS Supply Chain Buyers – procurement specialists in their product fields who can give expert advice on new and alternative products.
- Implementation Team – experts in helping you set up the new processes and training required when introducing new products.
- Customer Services Team – with the daily support provided by our dedicated and knowledgeable advisors and service managers you know you are in safe hands.
- Customer Assurance – providing customers with the confidence and assurance of products using a process of clinical evaluation and engagement with clinical users. This ensures all products are clinically assured by the CaPA process supported by engagement with an aligned Trusted Customer.
Peace of mind
- Dependable deliveries – having access to the know-how and resources of one of the world’s largest logistics companies means we can offer unrivaled dependability and responsiveness when it comes to our delivery services.
- Framework agreement – awarded in accordance with European procurement legislation.
- Sustainable development – we are certified to ISO 140001 International Standard for Environment Management System.
- Sustainable procurement – we are working to reduce our carbon emissions by 15%.