Maintenance, Repair and Calibration of Medical Equipment
This framework starts on 1 October 2022, runs for 72 months and ends on 30 September 2028. This includes a 48 month extension.
Net Zero and Social Value
From April 2022 all of our frameworks have adopted the Procurement Policy Notice 06/20. The suppliers on this framework have demonstrated their plans for:
- Tackling economic inequality.
Working with you to plan the maintenance cover that meets your needs.
Our Framework Agreement for Maintenance, Repair and Calibration of Medical Equipment is a nationally available agreement that incorporates a variety of service providers covering a large range of medical equipment categories, from Patient Assessment and Monitoring, through to Radiotherapy and Imaging.
Download our ‘How to’ guide for detailed information on:
- New Business Requests – a step by step guide to using the NHS Supply Chain Maintenance Framework Agreement for the first time.
- Purchase Orders – a step by step process to enable you to place orders easily.
- Point of Sale Maintenance – defines how orders can be placed for maintenance contracts when purchasing equipment via our route.
- Decommissioned or Cancelled Contracts – sets out the process required when replacing or taking equipment out of use.
- Renewals – summarises how we can support you with the renewal of existing contracts placed through the Framework Agreement.
Continuity of cover is extremely important in maintaining equipment efficiency. It helps avoid unplanned expense and inconvenience due to breakdowns or equipment being out of service. By working closely with you we can ensure that you avoid breaks in cover, therefore eliminating additional costs.
See our Downloads ▼ section for further information about how we can support you to renew your contracts on time.
- To avoid the impact of breakdowns and lost clinical time due to equipment being out of service which can have serious implications on department performance.
- To avoid unplanned down time due to delays in service response where contracts have lapsed.
- Unplanned maintenance costs quickly erode any savings that you have made.
- Down time can be planned to minimise impact on patients and maximise use of clinical time.
- Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) visits can be carried out at regular intervals and at an agreed time.
- Continuity of cover is guaranteed, and emergency call out charges are avoided.
- Costly PCI (Pre Contract Inspection) in the event of lapsed contracts are NOT required.
- Planning maintenance renewals enables you to make an informed decision in terms of cover level and length of contract term (Multi-Year Contracts offer higher savings than annual contracts).
- Evaluating maintenance requirements and your installed base may stimulate equipment replacement planning.
- Aligning your contract term to your equipment replacement programme allows you to take advantage of any Multi-Year Discounts that are offered in order to improve savings opportunities, which can contribute to cost improvement plan targets.
See our Downloads ▼ section for the latest Supplier Matrix.
The Supplier Matrix is a quick reference guide that helps you to determine which service providers are able to offer cover for the equipment listed.
If you are unable to find what you are looking for, please contact us:
- Lot 1 - Beds, Furniture and Pressure Area Care
- Lot 2 - Patient Bathing, Handling and Transport
- Lot 3 - Temperature Control
- Lot 4 - Patient Assessment, Monitoring and Life-Support
- Lot 5 - Microscopes
- Lot 6 - Dental Equipment
- Lot 7 - Endoscopy
- Lot 8 - Ophthalmology
- Lot 9 - Lasers
- Lot 10 - Renal and Urodynamics
- Lot 11 - Tier 1 – Imaging Equipment
- Lot 12 - Imaging Equipment
- Lot 13 - General Theatre, Orthopaedics and Physical Therapy
- Lot 14 - Decontamination
- Lot 15 - Laboratory, Pathology and Analysis Equipment.
- Lot 16 - Radiotherapy Equipment and Treatment Systems
- Lot 17 - Robotics
- Unique framework discounts.
- No cost for using our Framework Agreement.
- Transparent pricing and savings.
- No need to FTS (Find a Tender Service) contracts – we’ve done that for you.
- Simple quote and order system to reduce timescales.
- Single point of contact for all maintenance contracts.
- Choice – multi year, multi supplier, multi cover level options and POS options.
- You maintain your relationship with the service provider.
- Simplified renewals process.
- You have total control over the level of risk taken when selecting your cover level.
- Ability to quote across multiple suppliers to reduce number of orders and therefore invoices.
- Increased range of equipment coverage with over 200 equipment areas.
- 134 suppliers now on the Framework Agreement.
- Quotation data issued 3 months in advance of renewal (where supplier procedures allow).
- Purchase orders placed with suppliers within 5 days of receipt.
- Queries/quote reiterations responded to within 5 days, any large/ complex quotes will be managed on a case-by-case basis.
- Provision of asset registers to provide data on contracts held with NHS Supply Chain.