Point of Care
The new framework for Point of Care will launch on 11 December 2017 and will run for 24 months until 31 July 2020, with an option to extend for an additional 24 months.
Due to the short timescales involved in this tender process, pricing at point of launch is subject to change due to ongoing unit of issue clarification with suppliers. Any relevant price changes will be communicated to you separately.
The key changes to the framework are:
- Point of Care Testing Systems and Blood Glucose Testing Systems will now be combined into one framework across 12 different lots.
- The previous frameworks had 1,187 products. There are up to 1401 new products being added to this framework bringing innovative products and more choice for trusts.
- There are 2177 products in total. Please be aware that clarification continues with relevant suppliers on these products which may be subject to unit of issue changes.
The new framework is broken down into the following areas:
- Lot 1 – Point of Care Testing for Blood Gas Analysis
- Lot 2 – Point of Care Testing for Coagulation
- Lot 3 – Point of Care Testing for Urinalysis
- Lot 4 – Point of Care Testing for Non Analyser/Non Reader (Visually read only urinalysis test trips)
- Lot 5 – Point of Care Multi Test Analyser/Instruments
- Lot 6 – Point of Care Testing for Cardiac Markers
- Lot 7 – Point of Care Testing for HbA1c Testing Glycated Heomaglobin (and other associated testing for Diabetes Management)
- Lot 8 – Point of Care Testing for Cholesterol
- Lot 9 – Point of Care Testing for Blood Glucose Connectivity
- Lot 10 – Point of Care Testing for Blood Glucose Non Connectivity
- Lot 11 – Point of Care Testing for Drugs of Abuse
- Lot 12 – Point of Care Rapid Test Kits
If you have any further questions around this framework, please contact your local NHS Supply Chain Account Manager.
Please note all details and figures are subject to change and final versions will be communicated to you at a later date.
See our Downloads ▼ section for the latest Product Listings and our Buying Guide Brochure.
- Across the overall framework there have been 772 lines delisted, 711 have seen nil sales in this financial year.
- The Hemocue range from Radiometer is being delisted with no alternatives available. See our Downloads ▼ section for details of the products removed from our catalogue.
- Abbott Diabetes Care (division of Abbott Laboratories Limited )
- Abbott Laboratories Ltd
- Abbott Rapid Diagnostics>
- Advanced Global Health Ltd
- BHR Pharmaceuticals Ltd
- Biosure (UK) Ltd
- Chirus Limited
- CIGA Healthcare
- E&E Medical Supplies Ltd.
- ELITech UK Limited
- Fujifilm UK Ltd
- Haemonetics Ltd
- Henry Schein Medical
- Home Health UK Ltd
- Invitech Limited
- JRBiomedical Ltd
- LTC Healthcare
- Matrix Diagnostics Ltd
- nal von minden Ltd
- Neuro-technics Ltd
- Nova Biomedical
- Pasante Healthcare LTD
- Prospect Diagnostics
- Radiometer Limited
- Roche Diagnostics Limited
- Siemens Healthcare Limited
- Spirit Healthcare
- Sterilab Services
- SureScreen Diagnostics Ltd
- Williams Medical Supplies Ltd.
- Lot 1 - Point of Care Testing for Blood Gas Analysis
- Lot 2 - Point of Care Testing for Coagulation
- Lot 3 - Point of Care Testing for Urinalysis
- Lot 4 - Point of Care Testing for Non Analyser/Non Reader (Visually read only urinalysis test trips)
- Lot 5 - Point of Care Multi Test Analyser/Instruments
- Lot 6 - Point of Care Testing for Cardiac Markers
- Lot 7 - Point of Care Testing for HbA1c Testing Glycated Heomaglobin (and other associated testing for Diabetes Management)
- Lot 8 - Point of Care Testing for Cholesterol
- Lot 9 - Point of Care Testing for Blood Glucose Connectivity
- Lot 10 - Point of Care Testing for Blood Glucose Non Connectivity
- Lot 11 - Point of Care Testing for Drugs of Abuse
- Lot 12 - Point of Care Rapid Test Kits
- Leading suppliers on contract – providing enhanced range and value from a single source.
- Pay less – with NHS Supply Chain you have a wider range of product options so you can select the ones that are fit for purpose and value for money.
- Leave your tendering to us – spend less time and money on tendering and let our procurement specialists undertake it on your behalf.
- Back office savings – the efficiency of our service, ranging from e-ordering to consolidated deliveries, enables significant back office savings.
- An integrated approach – the financial benefits of NHS Supply Chain go beyond just product prices. Our approach is an integrated one that reduces cost throughout the supply chain, from raw materials to global logistics, resulting in a much lower total cost.
- Purchasing through our route – when there are changes in the market, we can help minimise the impact of price rises and give support with cost saving initiatives.
Our knowledge and expertise
- Dedicated Account Managers – your day to day contact for all queries. They will help you identify savings opportunities, solve any issues on your behalf and ensure high service levels are always met.
- NHS Supply Chain Buyers – procurement specialists in their product fields who can give expert advice on new and alternative products.
- Implementation Team – experts in helping you set up the new processes and training required when introducing new products.
- Customer Services Team – with the daily support provided by our dedicated and knowledgeable advisors and service managers you know you are in safe hands.
- Customer Assurance – providing customers with the confidence and assurance of products using a process of clinical evaluation and engagement with clinical users. This ensures all products are clinically assured by the CaPA process supported by engagement with an aligned Trusted Customer.
Peace of mind
- Dependable deliveries – having access to the know-how and resources of one of the world’s largest logistics companies means we can offer unrivaled dependability and responsiveness when it comes to our delivery services.
- Framework agreement – awarded in accordance with European procurement legislation.
- Sustainable development – we are certified to ISO 140001 International Standard for Environment Management System.
Product ListingAn Excel file showing the products that are included in this framework.
Please log in to view this content.
Delisted ProductsAn Excel file showing the products that have been removed from this framework.
Please log in to view this content.
Buying Guide Point Of Care EquipmentA pdf document of the Buying Guide for Point Of Care.