Urology, Bowel and Faecal Management
The new framework for Urology, Bowel and Faecal Management starts on 21 February 2020, runs for 24 months and ends on 20 February 2024. This includes a 24 month extension.
Urology products are used for surgical and medical diseases of the male and female urinary tract system and the male reproductive organs. Urology combines the management of medical conditions such as urinary tract infections and surgical conditions such as bladder or prostate cancer, kidney stones, congenital abnormalities, traumatic injuries and stress incontinence.
Bowel and Faecal management products are used for ensuring the safe and effective management of faecal waste and protection of the skin of patients with faecal related issues who unfortunately cannot control their own bodily functions.
There are 12 Lots on this new framework:
- Lot 1: Urine Drainage
- Lot 2: Catheters and Catheter Kits
- Lot 3: Accessories for Catheters and Urine Drainage Bags
- Lot 4: External Urine Collection and Accessories
- Lot 5: Specialist Urology Products and Accessories
- Lot 6: Paediatric
- Lot 7: Urological Investigation and Surgical Equipment
- Lot 8: Catheter Gel
- Lot 9: Bowel and Faecal Management Products
- Lot 10: Bowel and Faecal Management Accessories
- Lot 11: Wash Products for Continence Care
- Lot 12: Licensed Medical Catheter Gels and Accessories.
Important notice – for stocked products only.
Following the move to Buy Price = Sell Price, new contract / framework prices will only come into effect when stock of all product at the old contract / framework price has been depleted.
See our Useful Links section for price ranking relating to this framework.
There are 48 suppliers in total on this framework, of which:
- Four suppliers are new to NHS Supply Chain
- 14 suppliers are new to the framework
- 30 suppliers are incumbent.
Six suppliers are being delisted- De Smit Medical Systems, Hollister, Macgregor Healthcare, Malem Medical, Medical Renew Medical, and M3at Switzerland.
- Ardo medical Limited
- B Braun
- Bard Limited
- Baxter Healthcare Limited
- Beambridge Medical Limited
- Becton Dickinson UK Limited
- Blue Box Medical Limited
- Bullen Healthcare
- Bunzl Retail & Healthcare Supplies Ltd (previously known as Shermond)
- Cardinal Health UK 432 Limited
- Clinisupplies Limited
- Coloplast Limited
- Convatec Limited
- Creo Medical UK Ltd (previously known as Albyn Medical Ltd)
- Essity UK Ltd (formally known as SCA Hygiene Products UK Ltd)
- Flexicare Medical (previously known as Wymedical Ltd)
- Fresenius Kabi
- Great Bear Healthcare Limited
- IMS EURO
- Laborie Medical Technologies
- Medical Devices Technology International Limited
- Optimum Medical Solutions
- Mediplus Limited
- Prosys International Limited
- T J Smith and Nephew Limited, trading as ‘Smith & Nephew’
- Teleflex Group Ltd T/A Teleflex UK
- Rocket Medical PLC
- Vygon (UK) Limited
- Vernacare Limited
- Wellspect HealthCare.
Suppliers new to NHS Supply Chain:
- Astric Medical Limited
- Forte Medical Limited
- Peak Medical Limited
- Redland Healthcare Limited.
Suppliers new to the framework:
- Abena UK Limited
- CODAN Limited
- E&E Medical Supplies Limited
- Fairmont Medical Products Limited
- Fannin UK Limited
- GENX Medical Limited
- GBUK Ltd (previously known as GBUK Healthcare Ltd)
- L.IN.C. Medical Systems Limited
- Medicare Colgate Limited
- Pennine Healthcare
- Richardson Healthcare Limited
- Valley Northern Limited
- Warwick SASCo Limited.
- 221 new products have been added to this framework.
- 696 new NPCs have been added (from new and existing suppliers).
- 1,731 products are on this framework in total.
- Leading suppliers on contract – providing enhanced range and value from a single source.
- Pay less – with NHS Supply Chain you have a wider range of product options so you can select the ones that are fit for purpose and value for money.
- Leave your tendering to us – spend less time and money on tendering and let our procurement specialists undertake it on your behalf.
- Back office savings – the efficiency of our service, ranging from e-ordering to consolidated deliveries, enables significant back office savings.
- An integrated approach – the financial benefits of NHS Supply Chain go beyond just product prices. Our approach is an integrated one that reduces cost throughout the supply chain, from raw materials to global logistics, resulting in a much lower total cost.
- Purchasing through our route – when there are changes in the market, we can help minimise the impact of price rises and give support with cost saving initiatives.
Our knowledge and expertise
- Dedicated Customer Relationship Managers – your day to day contact for all queries. They will help you identify savings opportunities, solve any issues on your behalf and ensure high service levels are always met.
- NHS Supply Chain Buyers – procurement specialists in their product fields who can give expert advice on new and alternative products.
- Implementation Team – experts in helping you set up the new processes and training required when introducing new products.
- Customer Services Team – with the daily support provided by our dedicated and knowledgeable advisors and service managers you know you are in safe hands.
- Customer Assurance – providing customers with the confidence and assurance of products using a process of clinical evaluation and engagement with clinical users. This ensures all products are clinically assured by the CaPA process supported by engagement with an aligned Trusted Customer.
Peace of mind
- Dependable deliveries – having access to the know-how and resources of one of the world’s largest logistics companies means we can offer unrivaled dependability and responsiveness when it comes to our delivery services.
- Framework agreement – awarded in accordance with European procurement legislation.
- Sustainable development – we are certified to ISO 140001 International Standard for Environment Management System.