Insulin Pumps and Associated Products / Insulin Pumps, Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM) and Associated Consumables
This framework starts on 7 January 2022, runs for 24 months and ends on 6 January 2024. This includes a 24 month extension.
The products in this framework are for use in Diabetes clinics, Maternity patients, specifically NHS England and NHS Improvement program for expectant mums with Type 1 diabetes, and in patients’ homes following diagnosis and prescribing.
There are 3 lots on this new framework:
- Lot 1: Insulin Pumps – tethered insulin pumps, patch insulin pumps and associated products.
- Lot 2: Continuous Glucose Monitoring Devices (CGM) and Associated Consumables.
- Lot 3: Software and Diabetes Management Applications – software or algorithms that contribute to the functionality of a closed-loop.
Trust Sign Up Procedure
- Contact your NHS Supply Chain Customer Relationship Manager (CRM) to request to sign up to the framework.
- CRM will forward request to buyer in NHS Supply Chain.
- If it is a banded supplier, NHS Supply Chain will contact the supplier for cost price.
- When prices are received from the supplier, or if it is not a banded supplier, NHS Supply Chain will send the cost prices to your trust to be reviewed.
- If you wish to continue with signing up, you need to confirm this with NHS Supply Chain.
- NHS Supply Chain will then send a Unique Reference Number (URN) form to complete, review, and return. The URN form collects details such as the start and end date, procurement contact, and hospital names that belong to your trust and contains cost prices applicable to your trust at that time.
- Once NHS Supply Chain has received your completed URN form, they will then send an acknowledgement that your trust is now signed up for the framework.
- NHS Supply Chain will also inform the supplier(s) that your trust has signed up to this framework and send them a copy of the URN form.
There are 15 suppliers in total on this framework.
- 6 suppliers are incumbent
- 9 suppliers are new to the framework
Below is the full list of suppliers available on this framework.
- Dexcom International Ltd
- Insulet International Ltd
- Medtronic Ltd
- Medtrum Ltd
- Roche Diabetes Care Ltd
- Ypsomed Ltd.
New suppliers to the framework:
- A.Menarini Diagnostics
- Abbott Laboratories Ltd
- Advanced Therapeutics (UK) Ltd
- Air Liquide Healthcare Ltd
- CamDiab Ltd
- Glooko Ltd – are not available at framework Go Live and will be available soon. If you require any information please contact the CTSP Ward Based Consumables Buyer, Leigh Carr, via email@example.com
- ViCentra LTD
- Williams Medical Supplies Ltd
- Worldlink Resources Ltd.
See our Downloads section for a breakdown of suppliers by lot and which products they offer.
Tethered insulin pump machines enable insulin to be delivered either automatically, or in response to instructions given by the pump wearer. They drip-feed insulin into the body through the day and night plus they can also deliver larger doses of insulin whenever needed, such as before meals.
A continuous glucose monitor is a small device that is worn just under the skin. It measures glucose (sugar) levels continuously throughout the day and night, letting the wearer see trends in their levels, and alerts them to highs and lows.
Applications and software that contributes to the functionality of a closed-loop insulin delivery system:
- Products that connect with blood glucose sensors and insulin pumps automatically increase, decrease, or stop the delivery of insulin in response to the glucose levels of people with diabetes.
- Diabetes Management Systems that allow for the uploading of information from insulin pumps, CGM’s, glucose meters, and mobile applications.
Please note: This is a direct framework agreement, and you will need to quote your unique reference number (URN) when you place an order with your chosen supplier. To receive your URN, please reach out to your Customer Relationship Manager.
- Leading suppliers on contract – providing enhanced range and value from a single source.
- Pay less – with NHS Supply Chain you have a wider range of product options so you can select the ones that are fit for purpose and value for money.
- Leave your tendering to us – spend less time and money on tendering and let our procurement specialists undertake it on your behalf.
- Back office savings – the efficiency of our service, ranging from e-ordering to consolidated deliveries, enables significant back office savings.
- An integrated approach – the financial benefits of NHS Supply Chain go beyond just product prices. Our approach is an integrated one that reduces cost throughout the supply chain, from raw materials to global logistics, resulting in a much lower total cost.
- Purchasing through our route – when there are changes in the market, we can help minimise the impact of price rises and give support with cost saving initiatives.
Our knowledge and expertise
- Dedicated Customer Relationship Managers – your day to day contact for all queries. They will help you identify savings opportunities, solve any issues on your behalf and ensure high service levels are always met.
- NHS Supply Chain Buyers – procurement specialists in their product fields who can give expert advice on new and alternative products.
- Implementation Team – experts in helping you set up the new processes and training required when introducing new products.
- Customer Services Team – with the daily support provided by our dedicated and knowledgeable advisors and service managers you know you are in safe hands.
- Customer Assurance – providing customers with the confidence and assurance of products using a process of clinical evaluation and engagement with clinical users. This ensures all products are clinically assured by the CaPA process supported by engagement with an aligned Trusted Customer.
Peace of mind
- Dependable deliveries – having access to the know-how and resources of one of the world’s largest logistics companies means we can offer unrivaled dependability and responsiveness when it comes to our delivery services.
- Framework agreement – awarded in accordance with European procurement legislation.
- Sustainable development – we are certified to ISO 140001 International Standard for Environment Management System.