Nationally Contracted Products (NCP): Blunt Fill Drawing Up Devices (ICN 2166)
Important Customer Notice NCP
- Nationally Contracted Products (NCP) initiative is strategically co led by NHS Improvement and the Department of Health and is being operationalised through the NHS Supply Chain.
- Blunt Fill Drawing Up Devices are made up of two types – needles with filter and without filter.
- GBUK Ltd, Medicina Ltd, and Vygon UK Ltd have been awarded as the supplier for this NCP.
- As of 31 July 2023, the products of the unsuccessful suppliers will be delisted from the online catalogue for a minimum period of 24 months:
- Cardinal Health UK 432 Ltd
- Medicina Ltd
- Smiths Medical International Ltd
- Vygon UK Ltd.
- The NCP product will become available to order on 1 August 2023.
- Awarded supplier codes will be stocked in specific depots and therefore customers will only be able to access certain NPCs. Please See our section to view our NCP savings page where further information on the depot split can be found in the Customer Report.
- There are potential national savings of £1.4m (38%)*.
- For information on trust specific savings opportunities please contact your Customer Relationship Manager. Trust Impact Statements will be available in the week commencing 19 June 2023.
- If you have any further questions, please contact your local NHS Supply Chain Customer Services Advisor.
*NCP aims to implement the Carter Report recommendations to harness the national buying power of the NHS, remove “unwarranted product variation” and improve efficiency. NCP focuses on reducing variety at a sub category level and channelling national commitment to this optimised product range to drive savings.