Supply Issues Johnson & Johnson Medical Limited Surgical Sutures (ICN 2341)
Important Customer Notice Supply Issues
- The supplier Johnson & Johnson Medical Limited has informed us of a supply issue with its Surgical Sutures products.
- There are 23 product codes affected in total.
- The supply issue is due to supplier manufacturing issues.
- 18 affected product codes are currently suspended and unavailable to order.
- Four affected product codes are currently subject to intermittent supply:
- FVU009, FVU171, FVU515 and FVU801.
- One affected product code is currently available to order but will be suspended and unavailable to order from 1 December 2023:
- There are potential indirect alternatives for some of the products. These products are available to order through our online catalogue.
- Four affected product codes have indirect alternatives which are currently suspended:
- FVU091 – indirect alternative FVQ854
- FVQ135 – indirect alternative FVQ138
- FVU353 – indirect alternative FVS133
- FVU353 – indirect alternative FVN005 will be back in stock January 2024.
- Two affected product codes’ indirect alternatives are available whilst stocks last and will then be delisted:
- FVU009 – indirect alternative FVU280
- FVP962 – indirect alternative FVU086.
- FVQ138 and FVQ135 are alternatives to each other. FVQ135 is still available and will be suspended and unavailable from 1 December 2023, therefore there will be no alternatives available.
- See our Downloads ▼ section to access the product listing for further information on the affected product codes and potential alternatives.
- The supply issue is anticipated to be resolved by 31 December 2023.
- Customers are advised to log into our website to view the product listing for further information on the affected product codes and potential alternatives.
- We will update the ICN when we have further information.
- If you have any further questions, please contact your local NHS Supply Chain Customer Services Advisor.
Please note that due to the clinical nature of these alternative products, we advise you to consult your own clinical experts to ensure suitability for your organisations use of these products.