Job Posted: 16 January 2023
Job Updated: 25 January 2023
Job Title: Accounting Lead
Function: Financial Control
Location: Nottingham (Hybrid)
Salary: £57,372 – £67,497
Closing Date: Friday 17th February 2023
NHS Supply Chain are recruiting for an Accounting Lead. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced accounting manager to lead a large accounting function through a key period of change and improvement that will bring large benefits to the NHS. If you see yourself as an accounting leader who can identify, lead and inspire a team through a period organisational and system change, we would like to speak with you.
If you are someone who has the ability and passion to understand complex business processes, deal with cross functional issue resolution, manage multiple stakeholders, and the team, through a period of significant process and system change while ensuring appropriate controls and accurate reporting is maintained, this role will offer a perfect opportunity to demonstrate your leadership skills.
While bringing in a new finance system and new processes, we will need to ensure existing processes deliver accurate transactions, resulting in the delivery of quality and accurate reporting across various operating units, to internal and external stakeholders to support timely decision making.
The Accounting Lead is responsible for ensuring that transactional data recorded in the Finance System is accurate and supported by appropriate evidence as well as policies and controls. You will lead continual review of processes and procedures associated with the Accounting Team to drive immediate improvement, have involvement in projects and a key voice across the business to ensure that Finance processes and controls are robust through period of significant change.
What does an Accounting Lead do at NHS Supply Chain?
- Responsibility for ensuring accurate transactions are recorded in the finance system for all operating units, including Capital and Maintenance business areas, and Stock.
- Delivery of inputs for internal monthly management reporting, as well as external reporting, ensuring accurate and timely production
- Maintain processes and controls to ensure all transactions are recorded accurately, timely and in accordance with agreed accounting standards
- Ad hoc financial analysis and project support as required
- Maintain up to date knowledge of applicable accounting standards and regulations; ensuring the impact of any changes is interpreted, reviewed and applied in a timely manner.
- Provision of technical guidance as and when required
- Participate in external and internal audits, to provide necessary information and resolve queries, ensuring recommendations are reviewed and implemented
- Continual review of processes and procedures associated with the Accounting Team to drive continuous improvement.
- Involvement in projects as and when necessary, including implementation of a new Oracle Cloud Finance system and ensuring that Finance processes and controls are considered
What skills, qualifications and qualities do I need to be successful?
- Significant post-qualification experience within Financial Accounting or General Ledger
- A good understanding of inventory accounting, as well as IFRS 15 Revenue and IFRS 16 Leases
- Good experience of process improvement and project involvement
- Core finance knowledge, with in-depth awareness and understanding of accounting standards and technical guidance
- Proven experience of general ledger accounting and application of accounting standards
- Ability to review working papers and reconciliations
- Good attention to detail with ability to prioritise and manage a varied workload to meet agreed deadlines
How you’ll work
In Spring 2022 we moved to hybrid working; a blend of home and office working 2/3 days in the office and 2/3 days at home.
In return for your passion, enthusiasm, and hard work you will be rewarded with an attractive salary and benefits package, consisting of:
- Performance led annual bonus scheme
- 27 days holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to an additional 5 days
- Generous contributory pension scheme (up to 12% of your salary)
- Flexible benefits scheme – you will be able to choose from a variety of benefits such Life Insurance, Critical Illness Cover, Income Protection, Health Cash Plan, Dental Insurance and additional pension contributions that suit you
- 3 days paid Volunteering Leave
- Access to the Blue Light Card and NHS Discounts
- Flexible working option
- National Annual season ticket purchase scheme
- Eye Care vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme
NHS Supply Chain, who are we?
NHS Supply Chain (SCCL) is an organisation that procures and supplies ~£3.5bn of medical devices and consumables to the NHS every year, while driving strategy, standards, efficiency, and best practise across the entire NHS Supply Chain.
We have big plans for the future. Guided by our Vision and Strategy, we are determined to be a proactive and collaborative partner that delivers financial and health benefits across the whole healthcare system.
NHS Supply Chain requires clear, purposeful, and impactful transformation. To deliver our strategy we are rebalancing our business model, implementing a new operating model, and refreshing our core technology.
Our, Purpose, Vision and Strategy are clear. we provide direction, leadership, and commercial focus to improve health outcomes.
Vision: To make it easier for the NHS to put patients first
Purpose: Our role is to support the NHS to save lives and improve health
- Be Authentic
- Be Inclusive
- Be Driven
- Be Enterprising
- Be The Difference
- SCCL is a not an NHS organisation, you will join on SCCL terms and conditions.
- For more information on SCCL and the NHS Supply chain please visit: www.supplychain.nhs.uk
- For an informal discussion about the role in confidence please email us at email@example.com to arrange a call with the Hiring Manager.
- A full role profile and person specification is available on request by emailing the above email address.
NHS Supply Chain is an equal opportunities employer
SCCL is a company Registered in England and Wales, with company number 10881715, to act as the management function of the NHS Supply Chain.
SCCL values and respects the diversity of its employees and aims to recruit a workforce which reflects our diverse communities. We welcome applications irrespective of people’s age, disability, gender, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or other personal circumstances.
Our policies and procedures reflect our commitment to ensure that all applicants are treated fairly and consistently at every stage of the recruitment process.
SCCL reserve the right to close any vacancies from further submissions when we have received sufficient applications from which to make a shortlist. Please apply without delay if you wish to be considered for this role.
If you are shortlisted for interview you will be required to provide proof of ID and the right to work in the UK.