Benefits Realisation Manager
Job Posted: 4 May 2023
Job Updated: 31 May 2023
Job Title: Benefits Realisation Manager
Function: Strategy, Comms & Change
Location: Mobile – Flexibility required
Job Ref: 455
Salary: £51,340 rising in increments to £60,400 in year 3
Closing Date: Friday 30th June 2023
We have an exciting opportunity within NHS Supply Chain for a Benefits Realisation Manager to join our new In-Hospital Services team. The Benefits Realisation Manager is responsible for working with our NHS partners to define, capture and realise the benefits of the products and services In-Hospital Services provide. They will be confident in talking internally, externally in public forums, and with the NHS community about the best practice measurement and realisation of tangible and intangible benefits, with a particular focus on the in-Trust management of medical and clinical consumables to enable improved cost and safety outcomes for the NHS.
What does a Benefits Realisation Manager do at NHS Supply Chain?
- Works within the NHS healthcare industry to promote and drive adoption of best practice benefits realisation methodology for the management of clinical consumables
- Creates and communicates consistent and agreed standards to enable benefits realisation
- Works as subject matter expert with customers and colleagues in the fields of process design, data capture and analytics, to embed sustainable workflows and technologies for recurring benefits realisation
- Provides authoritative specialist advice
- Quickly builds trusted relationships with stakeholders at all organisational levels and is persuasive in promoting good practice and industry leading methodologies for process design, data capture and analysis
- Manages inbound project pipeline to plan to ensure a robust benefits delivery against functional and business-level objectives and strategy
- Defines and configures baseline data and methodology to enable NHS colleagues to robustly capture and report on data against agreed measures
- Collaborates closely with key customer stakeholders on the analysis of data captured and subsequent conversion into benefits delivered, with appropriate Trust Executive approvals and NHS Supply Chain/NHS England endorsement as appropriate
- Collates, assures, and analyses data from a wide range of sources to analyse and communicate key themes and customer/organisational impact
- Manages own and reporting individuals’ performance, taking appropriate actions to ensure achievement of agreed objectives.
- Develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
- Holds self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Autonomously plans and prioritises work to meet commitments aligned to organisational and programme deliverables
- Consistently achieves results, even under tough circumstances
- Uses compelling arguments to gain the support and commitment of others
- Secures and deploys resources effectively and efficiently
- Builds partnerships and works collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
What skills, qualifications and qualities do I need to be successful?
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent level of specialist knowledge
- General experience enables job holder to deal with the majority of situations and to advise others (more than 3 years)
- Experience of managing and coordinating the work of others
- Project benefit realisation
- Data collection and analysis
- Performance management
- Stakeholder management
- Change management
- Portfolio management
- Leadership and direction
- Manages complexity
- Ensure accountability
- Applies knowledge of business and marketplace to advance organisation’s goals
- Plans and prioritises work to meet commitments
- Anticipates and adopts innovations in business-building digital and technology applications
How you’ll work
This role will be mobile, you will be working from home, and travel to the Trusts. Flexibility will be required to work around our NHS customers’ availability and clinical priorities.
In return for your passion, enthusiasm, and hard work you will be rewarded with an attractive
the salary and benefits package, consisting of:
- Performance led annual bonus scheme
- 27 days holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to an additional 5 days
- Generous contributory pension scheme (up to 12% of your salary)
- Flexible benefits scheme – you will be able to choose from a variety of benefits such Life Insurance, Critical Illness Cover, Income Protection, Health Cash Plan, Dental Insurance and additional pension contributions that suit you
- 3 days paid Volunteering Leave
- Access to the Blue Light Card and NHS Discounts
- Flexible working options
- National Annual season ticket purchase scheme
- Eye Care vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme
NHS Supply Chain, who are we?
We are a part of the NHS family, and our role is to source, deliver and supply healthcare products, services and food for NHS trusts and healthcare organisations across England and Wales. We make sure the products we supply are always safe, quality assured and delivered efficiently.
We’re always listening to the people who use our products, so that we’re aware of the changing needs across the NHS. In all, we serve every NHS Trust and operate a national network of distribution centres. We also manage relationships with more than a thousand suppliers, delivering more than 8,000,000 orders each year to more than 17,000 locations.
And by doing all of this on behalf of the NHS, this gives NHS staff more time to focus on their main priority of proving excellent patient care.
Our, Purpose, Vision and Strategy are clear. We provide direction, leadership, and commercial focus to improve health outcomes.
Vision: To make it easier for the NHS to put patients first
Purpose: Our role is to support the NHS to save lives and improve health
- Be Authentic
- Be Inclusive
- Be Driven
- Be Enterprising
- Be The Difference
- SCCL is a not an NHS organisation, you will join on SCCL terms and conditions.
- For more information on SCCL and the NHS Supply chain please visit: www.supplychain.nhs.uk
NHS Supply Chain is an equal opportunities employer
SCCL is a company Registered in England and Wales, with company number 10881715, to act as the management function of the NHS Supply Chain.
SCCL values and respects the diversity of its employees and aims to recruit a workforce which reflects our diverse communities. We welcome applications irrespective of people’s age, disability, gender, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or other personal circumstances.
Our policies and procedures reflect our commitment to ensure that all applicants are treated fairly and consistently at every stage of the recruitment process.
SCCL reserve the right to close any vacancies from further submissions when we have received sufficient applications from which to make a shortlist. Please apply without delay if you wish to be considered for this role.
If you are shortlisted for interview you will be required to provide proof of ID and the right to work in the UK.