Job Posted: 2 February 2023
Job Updated: 24 March 2023
Salary: £60,318 – £65,416
Closing Date: Friday 7th April 2023
We have an exciting opportunity within NHS Supply Chain for a Business Architect to join our Strategy team. This role is helping NHS Supply Chain to achieve its ambitions. Having recently reshaped our 10-year Strategy and being in the middle of a multi-year operating model change, the Business Architect will have a key role to play.
What does a Business Architect do at NHS Supply Chain?
The Business Architect has an important role to play in how we ensure NHS Supply Chain delivers for now and in the future. The Business Architect will own our Target Operating Model and the Organisational Capability Model that delivers our Vision and strategy. The Business Architect will:
- Own and develop the overall operating model architecture and methodology for iterating, including producing the operating model book
- Defining capabilities to support markets/customers and value proposition working with customer team: Channels, Products & Services, Governance architecture and performance management
- Developing capability model that explains what capabilities sit where in the organisation, and ensuring that L1 / L2 processes and value streams enable those
- Creating targetable and actionable improvement plans for capability builds across the organisation
What skills, qualifications and qualities do I need to be successful?
- Significant experience of Business Architecture
- Experience or Target operating and capability models
- Substantial general work experience together with comprehensive job related
- experience in own area of expertise to fully competent level.
- Experience of supervising and directing people and other resources to achieve
- specific end results within limited timeframes
- Master’s degree or Equivalent Level
How you’ll work
Hybrid working; a blend of home and office working 2/3 days in the office and 2/3 days at home.
In return for your passion, enthusiasm, and hard work you will be rewarded with an attractive salary and benefits package, consisting of:
- Performance led annual bonus scheme
- 27 days holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to an additional 5 days
- Generous contributory pension scheme (up to 12% of your salary)
- Flexible benefits scheme – you will be able to choose from a variety of benefits such Life Insurance, Critical Illness Cover, Income Protection, Health Cash Plan, Dental Insurance and additional pension contributions that suit you
- 3 days paid Volunteering Leave
- Access to the Blue Light Card and NHS Discounts
- Flexible working options
- National Annual season ticket purchase scheme
- Eye Care vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme
NHS Supply Chain, who are we?
NHS Supply Chain (SCCL) is an organisation that procures and supplies ~£3.5bn of medical devices and consumables to the NHS every year, while driving strategy, standards, efficiency, and best practise across the entire NHS Supply Chain.
We have big plans for the future. Guided by our Vision and Strategy, we are determined to be a proactive and collaborative partner that delivers financial and health benefits across the whole healthcare system.
NHS Supply Chain requires clear, purposeful, and impactful transformation. To deliver our strategy we are rebalancing our business model, implementing a new operating model, and refreshing our core technology.
Our, Purpose, Vision and Strategy are clear. we provide direction, leadership, and commercial focus to improve health outcomes.
Vision: To make it easier for the NHS to put patients first
Purpose: Our role is to support the NHS to save lives and improve health
- Be Authentic
- Be Inclusive
- Be Driven
- Be Enterprising
- Be The Difference
- SCCL is a not an NHS organisation, you will join on SCCL terms and conditions.
- For more information on SCCL and the NHS Supply chain please visit: www.supplychain.nhs.uk
NHS Supply Chain is an equal opportunities employer
SCCL is a company Registered in England and Wales, with company number 10881715, to act as the management function of the NHS Supply Chain.
SCCL values and respects the diversity of its employees and aims to recruit a workforce which reflects our diverse communities. We welcome applications irrespective of people’s age, disability, gender, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or other personal circumstances.
Our policies and procedures reflect our commitment to ensure that all applicants are treated fairly and consistently at every stage of the recruitment process.
SCCL reserve the right to close any vacancies from further submissions when we have received sufficient applications from which to make a shortlist. Please apply without delay if you wish to be considered for this role.
If you are shortlisted for interview you will be required to provide proof of ID and the right to work in the UK.