Job Posted: 20 April 2022
Job Updated: 10 June 2022
Job Title: Commercial Analyst
Salary: £26,000 – £35,000
Closing Date: Friday 24th June 2022
NHS Supply Chain are recruiting for a Commercial Analyst.
What does a Commercial Analyst do at NHS Supply Chain?
- Manage key stakeholder relationships across the outsource provider, supply chain and finance, to ensure delivery of c£40m of income for NHSSC
- Working collaboratively with the Analyst team to set up and develop data feeds from BI Cognos
- Work closely with AR/AP teams led by Head of Financial Services to ensure end to end financial processes are continually enhanced
- Support the delivery of a robust financial business plan, ensuring that appropriate challenge is undertaken and that it represents a balanced and achievable position.
- Ensure all required business materials are produced, presented and discussed with internal and external stakeholders, both adhoc and as part of the regular reporting process.
- Support the FP&A team in delivering the business planning and reporting requirements as required, by the provision of information and commentary in a timely manner.
- Support the operational business to deliver against financial objectives
- Continually review & improve the processes within the team, strive for efficiency but always ensure fit for purpose outputs.
- Contribute to the on-going development of policies and procedures.
- Ensure appropriate financial decision support is provided to line manager to assist with the production, review and sign-off of budgets, and business cases where appropriate.
- To be aware of own development requirements and actively seek continuous professional development opportunities.
What skills, qualifications and qualities do I need to be successful?
- Experience in working in a similar role
- Budgeting and costing techniques
- Intermediate level of Excel, Advance level would be an advantage
- Stakeholder management both with internal and external customers
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Presentation experience
- Ability to meet and enforce deadlines
- Work on own initiative
How you’ll work:
As of now our offices are open, this role will be a hybrid working; a blend of home and office working 1/2 days in the office and the other days at home.
In return for your passion, enthusiasm and hard work you will be rewarded with an attractive salary and benefits package, consisting of:
- Performance led annual bonus scheme
- 27 days holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to an additional 5 days
- Generous contributory pension scheme (up to 12% of your salary)
- Flexible benefits scheme – you will be able to choose from a variety of benefits such Life Insurance, Critical Illness Cover, Income Protection, Health Cash Plan, Dental Insurance and additional pension contributions that suit you
- 3 days paid Volunteering Leave
- Access to the Blue Light Card and NHS Discounts
- Flexible working options
- National Annual season ticket purchase scheme
- Eye Care vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme
NHS Supply Chain, who are we?
We are part of the NHS family, managing more than 8 million orders per year across 94,000 order points and 17,465 locations. We deliver over 28 million lines of picked goods to the NHS annually and our systems consolidate orders from over 930 suppliers. We proudly deliver supply chain excellence and best value to NHS customers and patients through innovation, service and clinical expertise.
Our customers are at the centre of everything we do, we will ensure we continue to deliver the products and services needed by the NHS, both now and in the future. Our priorities for 2021/2022 focuses on the following areas:
- Customer: we will anchor our business on the needs of the NHS by supporting NHS trusts to deliver safe and excellent patient care and through continuing to build the services the NHS needs.
- Resilient: we will further strengthen the resilience of our supply chain by continuing to invest in key tools and capacity that build resilience and performance, across the end to end supply chain.
- Safe: we will deliver clinically assured, safe products that support improved outcomes for patients and users.
- Sustainable: we are committed to supporting the NHS objective of becoming the world’s first net carbon zero national health system through reducing single use plastics, supporting the circular economy, reducing our greenhouse gas emissions and improving human rights and labour standards.
- Efficient: we will ensure we have a high performing workforce and highly efficient organisation.
Supply Chain Coordination Limited acts as the management function for the NHS Supply Chain. By 2023/2024, we aim to save the NHS £2.4bn by leveraging the scale of the NHS to drive savings and provide a standardised range of quality assured clinical products.
- SCCL is a not an NHS organisation, you will join on SCCL terms and conditions.
- For more information on SCCL and the NHS Supply chain please visit: www.supplychain.nhs.uk
NHS Supply Chain is an equal opportunities employer
SCCL is a company Registered in England and Wales, with company number 10881715, to act as the management function of the NHS Supply Chain.
SCCL values and respects the diversity of its employees and aims to recruit a workforce which reflects our diverse communities. We welcome applications irrespective of people’s age, disability, gender, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or other personal circumstances.
Our policies and procedures reflect our commitment to ensure that all applicants are treated fairly and consistently at every stage of the recruitment process.
SCCL reserve the right to close any vacancies from further submissions when we have received sufficient applications from which to make a shortlist. Please apply without delay if you wish to be considered for this role.
If you are shortlisted for interview you will be required to provide proof of ID and the right to work in the UK.