Job Posted: 26 April 2022
Job Updated: 26 April 2022
Job Title – Project Manager
Function – Business Transformation
Location – Nottingham City Centre (with working from home options)
Type – Permanent (full time, 37.5 hours per week)
Salary – £48,000 – £64,000 per annum
Closing Date – Friday 20th May 2022
NHS Supply Chain are recruiting for a Project Manager to join our Business Transformation team
We have an ongoing ambitious transformation programme which is driven in large part, by the modernisation of much of the IT technology estate and implementation of new capabilities in the logistics network. Management, steering and coordination of all projects, programmes and transformation activities is structured under a set of programmes and portfolios which, combined, form a single change plan across all aspects of NHS Supply Chain.
You will be accountable for the leadership of your projects, working closely with the nominated business owner of that project, Senior Leadership Team members and functional teams relating to the particular projects to understand key challenges, functional strategies and opportunities, and use those insights to help shape the project approach and outcomes.
You will work in collaboration with our third party partners (including Logistics and Technology & Transformation), to ensure the effective management and execution of their projects to deliver the against our strategic objectives and ambitious growth plans.
What does a Project Manager do at NHS Supply Chain?
- Manages up to 3 projects simultaneously, normally 6-12 month in length, including budget management of up to £1m per project
- Works with sponsors and business owners to deliver specific projects and their related business outcomes
- Leads the delivery of projects including operational management of internal and external personnel and teams
- Delivers transformational projects which include significant system, process, organisational and behavioural change for the end user and makes sure they land correctly to deliver the right outcomes
- Ensures each initiative is well designed and implemented
- Ensures timelines are adhered to for initiatives by keeping executives aware of any red flags concerning the timing or integration process
- Develops a clear case for change, setting out the desired outcomes and benefits, and identify clear roles to enable decision making
What skills, qualifications and qualities do I need to be successful?
- Qualified MSP, PRINCE2, Agile, or equivalent level of experience
- Significant experience in managing transformation projects
- Experience in scoping and priority setting for large or complex changes and engaging senior stakeholders
- Matrix management experience of project delivery teams
- Excellent understanding of project management methodologies (Waterfall/Agile) and change management principles
- Prior experience in performing and managing change projects at all levels from business analysis and requirement gathering through to execution and post live evaluation
- Experience of coaching people through the change process
- Proven senior stakeholder management skills
- Experience of managing third party vendors
In return for your passion, enthusiasm and hard work you will be rewarded with an attractive salary and benefits package, consisting of:
- Performance led annual bonus scheme
- 27 days holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to an additional 5 days
- Generous contributory pension scheme (up to 12% of your salary)
- Flexible benefits scheme – you will be able to choose from a variety of benefits such Life Insurance, Critical Illness Cover, Income Protection, Health Cash Plan, Dental Insurance and additional pension contributions that suit you
- 3 days paid Volunteering Leave
- Access to the Blue Light Card and NHS Discounts
- Flexible working options
- National Annual season ticket purchase scheme
- Eye Care vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme
NHS Supply Chain, who are we?
Supply Chain Coordination Limited (SCCL) is a government organisation that acts as the management function for the NHS Supply Chain. We proudly deliver supply chain excellence and best value to NHS customers and patients through innovation, service and clinical expertise.
By 2023/2024, we aim to save the NHS £2.4bn by leveraging the scale of the NHS to drive savings and provide a standardised range of quality assured clinical products that meet the diverse needs of the NHS across all areas.
All our colleagues share the same values. We are: ambitious, enterprising, respectful, innovative and integral. It is through our behaviours, passion and excellence, that we can improve lives as the supply chain partner of choice for the NHS.
- Supply Chain Coordination Limited (SCCL) is a not an NHS organisation, you will join on SCCL terms and conditions.
- For more information on SCCL and the NHS Supply chain please visit: www.supplychain.nhs.uk
NHS Supply Chain is an equal opportunities employer
SCCL is a company Registered in England and Wales, with company number 10881715, to act as the management function of the NHS Supply Chain.
SCCL values and respects the diversity of its employees and aims to recruit a workforce which reflects our diverse communities. We welcome applications irrespective of people’s age, disability, gender, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or other personal circumstances.
Our policies and procedures reflect our commitment to ensure that all applicants are treated fairly and consistently at every stage of the recruitment process.
SCCL reserve the right to close any vacancies from further submissions when we have received sufficient applications from which to make a shortlist. Please apply without delay if you wish to be considered for this role.
If you are shortlisted for interview you will be required to provide proof of ID and the right to work in the UK.