Audiological Equipment, Services and Related Consumables
The Audiological Equipment, Services and Related Consumables framework starts on 28 September 2020, runs for 44 months and ends on 27 May 2024. This includes a 20 month extension.
It covers the capital audiological equipment as well as related consumables in use within an NHS Audiology department to diagnose and treat hearing related issues.
The products are used for several situations including;
- diagnosing and treating hearing problems and fitting hearing aids
- screening new born babies for hearing issues
- removal of excess ear wax causing hearing issues
- personal audiology devices to help with hearing loss in certain situations.
Plus the consumables needed for all the equipment. The products are used by; Audiologists, Newborn Hearing Screeners, Trained Clinical Nurses and Ear Nose and Throat Clinicians.
The framework also covers; related consumables and maintenance and calibration for the equipment at point of sale only.
Supply routes remain unchanged; eDirect and Direct.
This is the full list of suppliers available on this framework.
- Auditdata A/S
- Belmont Medical Technologies
- Interacoustics (Oticon)
- Natus (Otometrics)
- Path Medical
- Sheffmed Trade Services Ltd
- Starkey Laboratories Limited.
There are 5 lots on this framework:
- Lot 1 - Diagnostic and Fitting Equipment
- Lot 2 - Newborn Hearing Equipment
- Lot 3 - Wax Management Equipment
- Lot 4 - Audiological Devices
- Lot 5 - Consumables
The new framework includes the following product areas:
- Lot 1 - Diagnostic and Fitting Equipment; audiometers, typmanometers, hearing aid fitting equipment, balance equipment, video otoscopes, ear scanners, sound booths, otoacoustic emissions equipment, auditory brainstem response equipment and cortical auditory evoked potentials equipment.
- Lot 2 - Newborn Hearing equipment; otoacoustic emissions equipment, auditory brainstem response equipment and cortical auditory evoked potentials equipment.
- Lot 3 - Wax Management Equipment; microsuction equipment, irrigation equipment and manual removal equipment.
- Lot 4 - Audiological Devices; assistive listening devices, tinnitus therapy devices and hearables.
- Lot 5 - Consumables; ear tips, probes and ear cups.
- Leading suppliers on contract – providing enhanced range and value from a single source.
- Pay less – with NHS Supply Chain you have a wider range of product options so you can select the ones that are fit for purpose and value for money.
- Leave your tendering to us – spend less time and money on tendering and let our procurement specialists undertake it on your behalf.
- Back office savings – the efficiency of our service, ranging from e-ordering to consolidated deliveries, enables significant back office savings.
- An integrated approach – the financial benefits of NHS Supply Chain go beyond just product prices. Our approach is an integrated one that reduces cost throughout the supply chain, from raw materials to global logistics, resulting in a much lower total cost.
- Purchasing through our route – when there are changes in the market, we can help minimise the impact of price rises and give support with cost saving initiatives.
Our knowledge and expertise
- Dedicated Customer Relationship Managers – your day to day contact for all queries. They will help you identify savings opportunities, solve any issues on your behalf and ensure high service levels are always met.
- NHS Supply Chain Buyers – procurement specialists in their product fields who can give expert advice on new and alternative products.
- Implementation Team – experts in helping you set up the new processes and training required when introducing new products.
- Customer Services Team – with the daily support provided by our dedicated and knowledgeable advisors and service managers you know you are in safe hands.
- Customer Assurance – providing customers with the confidence and assurance of products using a process of clinical evaluation and engagement with clinical users. This ensures all products are clinically assured by the CaPA process supported by engagement with an aligned Trusted Customer.
Peace of mind
- Dependable deliveries – having access to the know-how and resources of one of the world’s largest logistics companies means we can offer unrivaled dependability and responsiveness when it comes to our delivery services.
- Framework agreement – awarded in accordance with European procurement legislation.
- Sustainable development – we are certified to ISO 140001 International Standard for Environment Management System.