Audiological Implantable Devices and Associated Accessories, Consumables, Maintenance and Repair
The new audiological implantable devices framework will run for 24 months and end on 1 August 2022. There is an option to extend for an additional 24 months.
Audiological implantable devices are designed to improve a patient’s hearing ability where there is a physical impairment to the internal mechanics of the ear. They may allow some form of hearing, even when hearing has previously been lost and can also offer a significant improvement in the patient’s quality of life.
Audiological implantable device refers to auditory brain stem implants, middle ear implants and bone conduction hearing implants. They provide a sensation of hearing by directly stimulating the auditory nerve using electrical signals.
There are two main types of bone conduction hearing implants (BCHI);
- Subcutaneous – which is a magnetic attachment placed just under the skin
- Percutaneious – which is an abutment that is inserted into the bone of the skull usually the mastoid bone.
The system for ordering high-cost medical devices for specialised services launched 1 April 2016. See our useful links section for further details.
For more information please contact your NHS Supply Chain Account Manager.
This is the full list of suppliers available on this framework:
- Advanced Bionics UK Limited (incumbent)
- Cochlear Europe Ltd (incumbent)
- MED-EL UK (incumbent)
- Oticon Limited (incumbent).
There are 2 lots on this new framework:
- Lot 1 - Cochlear Implants (including Auditory Brainstem Implants
- Lot 2 - Bone Conduction Hearing Implants (including Middle Ear Implants)
Cochlear Implants (in-tariff), Bone Conduction Hearing Implants (ex-tariff and in-tariff), Middle Ear Implants (ex-tariff and in-tariff), Auditory Brain Stem Implants (in-tariff).
- Leading suppliers on contract – providing enhanced range and value from a single source.
- Pay less – with NHS Supply Chain you have a wider range of product options so you can select the ones that are fit for purpose and value for money.
- Leave your tendering to us – spend less time and money on tendering and let our procurement specialists undertake it on your behalf.
- Back office savings – the efficiency of our service, ranging from e-ordering to consolidated deliveries, enables significant back office savings.
- An integrated approach – the financial benefits of NHS Supply Chain go beyond just product prices. Our approach is an integrated one that reduces cost throughout the supply chain, from raw materials to global logistics, resulting in a much lower total cost.
- Purchasing through our route – when there are changes in the market, we can help minimise the impact of price rises and give support with cost saving initiatives.
Our knowledge and expertise
- Dedicated Customer Relationship Managers – your day to day contact for all queries. They will help you identify savings opportunities, solve any issues on your behalf and ensure high service levels are always met.
- NHS Supply Chain Buyers – procurement specialists in their product fields who can give expert advice on new and alternative products.
- Implementation Team – experts in helping you set up the new processes and training required when introducing new products.
- Customer Services Team – with the daily support provided by our dedicated and knowledgeable advisors and service managers you know you are in safe hands.
- Customer Assurance – providing customers with the confidence and assurance of products using a process of clinical evaluation and engagement with clinical users. This ensures all products are clinically assured by the CaPA process supported by engagement with an aligned Trusted Customer.
Peace of mind
- Dependable deliveries – having access to the know-how and resources of one of the world’s largest logistics companies means we can offer unrivaled dependability and responsiveness when it comes to our delivery services.
- Framework agreement – awarded in accordance with European procurement legislation.
- Sustainable development – we are certified to ISO 140001 International Standard for Environment Management System.