Blood Collection Systems and Blood Lancets
This new framework starts on 8 March 2021, will run for 24 months and ends on 7 March 2023. There is an option to extend for an additional 24 months.
There are 3 lots on this new framework:
- Lot 1 – Blood Collection Systems
- Lot 2 – Blood Lancets
- Lot 3 – Blood Lancets Finger and Heel.
The new framework includes the following product areas:
- Blood Collection Systems: Blood Collection Bottles, Blood Collection Sets, Blood Collection Needles, Blood Gas Syringes Urinalysis consumables and support products
- Blood Lancets: Single and Multi-Patient Lancets, Lancing Systems, Multi Depth Lancets and Single Use Safety Lancets
- Blood Lancets Finger and Heel: Single Use Safety Lancets, Finger and Heel; Finger – 21,23,28g only and Heel – Newborn and Premature only.
Important notice – for stocked products only
Following the move to Buy Price = Sell Price, new contract / framework prices will take effect from the Go Live date, however product prices will not change until stock of all product at the old contract / framework price has been depleted.
See our Downloads ▼ section for the latest product listings.
161 lines will be delisted from lots 1 and 2 on 8 March 2021.
See our Downloads ▼ section for the full list of discontinued products and details of alternative products available.
There are 21 suppliers in total on this framework, of which:
- 0 suppliers are new to NHS Supply Chain
- 6 suppliers are new to the framework
- 15 suppliers are incumbent
- 16 suppliers have been delisted.
Suppliers available on this framework:
- Becton Dickinson UK Ltd
- Cambridge Sensors Ltd
- Central Medical Supplies Ltd (CMS)
- Crest Medical Ltd (NEW to Blood Collection Framework)
- GBUK Ltd (previously GBUK Healthcare) (NEW to Blood Collection Framework)
- GBUK Enteral (NEW to Blood Collection Framework)
- Greiner Bio-One Ltd
- GS Medical Healthcare (NEW to Blood Collection Framework)
- Henry Schein Medical
- Ims Euro Ltd
- Medline Industries Ltd
- Owen Mumford Limited
- Prospect Diagnostics Ltd
- Radiometer Ltd
- Richardson Healthcare Ltd (NEW to Blood Collection Framework)
- Sarstedt Limited
- Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Ltd
- Smiths Medical International Ltd
- Sterilab Services
- Vygon Uk Ltd
- Ypsomed Ltd (NEW to Blood Collection Framework).
- Leading suppliers on contract – providing enhanced range and value from a single source.
- Pay less – with NHS Supply Chain you have a wider range of product options so you can select the ones that are fit for purpose and value for money.
- Leave your tendering to us – spend less time and money on tendering and let our procurement specialists undertake it on your behalf.
- Back office savings – the efficiency of our service, ranging from e-ordering to consolidated deliveries, enables significant back office savings.
- An integrated approach – the financial benefits of NHS Supply Chain go beyond just product prices. Our approach is an integrated one that reduces cost throughout the supply chain, from raw materials to global logistics, resulting in a much lower total cost.
- Purchasing through our route – when there are changes in the market, we can help minimise the impact of price rises and give support with cost saving initiatives.
Our knowledge and expertise
- Dedicated Customer Relationship Managers – your day to day contact for all queries. They will help you identify savings opportunities, solve any issues on your behalf and ensure high service levels are always met.
- NHS Supply Chain Buyers – procurement specialists in their product fields who can give expert advice on new and alternative products.
- Implementation Team – experts in helping you set up the new processes and training required when introducing new products.
- Customer Services Team – with the daily support provided by our dedicated and knowledgeable advisors and service managers you know you are in safe hands.
- Customer Assurance – providing customers with the confidence and assurance of products using a process of clinical evaluation and engagement with clinical users. This ensures all products are clinically assured by the CaPA process supported by engagement with an aligned Trusted Customer.
Peace of mind
- Dependable deliveries – having access to the know-how and resources of one of the world’s largest logistics companies means we can offer unrivaled dependability and responsiveness when it comes to our delivery services.
- Framework agreement – awarded in accordance with European procurement legislation.
- Sustainable development – we are certified to ISO 140001 International Standard for Environment Management System.