Catering Equipment and Consumables
This framework starts on 23 July 2021, runs for 24 months and ends on 22 July 2023. There is an option to extend for an additional 24 months.
The Catering Equipment and Consumables framework will bring greater product choice from the leading manufacturers in the catering industry. Our complaint route to market will offer catering consumables including – disposable and non-disposable cutlery and crockery, catering equipment (light ware) – kettles, toasters and microwaves and catering equipment (Capital) – regeneration trolleys, docking stations, dishwashers and catering refrigerators.
Working Towards Net Zero Targets?
Our framework gives trusts the chance to reduce the use of single-use plastic by switching to our sustainable range of catering consumables including wooden cutlery, paper straws and coffee cups. See our Downloads ▼ section for a copy of our SUP alternatives brochure. Product switching will be available to assist trust through your local Customer Relationship Manager.
The framework includes both direct and transacted products – lots one to four are transacted and lots five and six are direct. Lots are broken down into the following product areas:
- Lot One – Disposable Catering Consumables
- Lot Two – Vending/Water Cups
- Lot Three – Non Disposable Catering Consumables
- Lot Four – NHS Crockery
- Lot Five – Capital and Commercial Catering Equipment with Associated Accessories and Light Equipment
- Lot Six – Food Transportation Systems with Associated Accessories.
Our framework can offer more than the catering consumables on the catalogue, we can source a wide range of catering products that are for specific needs including colour-coded products that will support dementia patients or bespoke products. We have supported a national campaign for National Patient Hydration with our water jugs.
See our Useful Links section to contact us at Hotel Services using our online enquiry form. We can help with further information including understanding requirements for Capital Catering Equipment and provide quotations and Unique Reference Numbers.
Important Notice – For Stocked Products Only
Following the move to Buy Price = Sell Price, new contract/framework prices will only come into effect when the stock of all products at the old contract/framework price has been depleted.
- One supplier has been removed from the framework
- 44 lines have been delisted
- All lines will have alternatives available.
See our Downloads ▼ section for a full list of direct and transacted suppliers.
- 142 new NPCs have been added from new and existing suppliers
- 1220 products are on this framework in total
- The supply routes are Blue Diamond, eDirect, Stocked and lots four and five are direct routes. See our Downloads ▼ section for a full list of direct and transacted suppliers.
- Leading suppliers on contract – providing enhanced range and value from a single source.
- Pay less – with NHS Supply Chain you have a wider range of product options so you can select the ones that are fit for purpose and value for money.
- Leave your tendering to us – spend less time and money on tendering and let our procurement specialists undertake it on your behalf.
- Back office savings – the efficiency of our service, ranging from e-ordering to consolidated deliveries, enables significant back office savings.
- An integrated approach – the financial benefits of NHS Supply Chain go beyond just product prices. Our approach is an integrated one that reduces cost throughout the supply chain, from raw materials to global logistics, resulting in a much lower total cost.
- Purchasing through our route – when there are changes in the market, we can help minimise the impact of price rises and give support with cost saving initiatives.
Our knowledge and expertise
- Dedicated Customer Relationship Managers – your day to day contact for all queries. They will help you identify savings opportunities, solve any issues on your behalf and ensure high service levels are always met.
- NHS Supply Chain Buyers – procurement specialists in their product fields who can give expert advice on new and alternative products.
- Implementation Team – experts in helping you set up the new processes and training required when introducing new products.
- Customer Services Team – with the daily support provided by our dedicated and knowledgeable advisors and service managers you know you are in safe hands.
- Customer Assurance – providing customers with the confidence and assurance of products using a process of clinical evaluation and engagement with clinical users. This ensures all products are clinically assured by the CaPA process supported by engagement with an aligned Trusted Customer.
Peace of mind
- Dependable deliveries – having access to the know-how and resources of one of the world’s largest logistics companies means we can offer unrivaled dependability and responsiveness when it comes to our delivery services.
- Framework agreement – awarded in accordance with European procurement legislation.
- Sustainable development – we are certified to ISO 140001 International Standard for Environment Management System.