Central Venous Catheters and Associated Products
This framework starts on 5 April 2022, runs for 24 months and ends on 4 April 2024. There is an option to extend for an additional 24 months.
Central venous catheters are used to access large veins and are also known as central venous lines. They are used across most of the NHS acute and community departments. Our framework consists of 1607 products lines from 17 suppliers offering customers a wide variety of central venous catheter (CVC) products to meet the needs of the NHS.
There are 8 Lots on this new framework:
- Lot 1: Central Venous Catheters with lumens (1 – 8)
- Lot 2: Vascular Catheters
- Lot 3: PICC Lines
- Lot 4: CVC: Skin Tunnelled Catheter (Cuffed) (Long term)
- Lot 5: CVC: Implanted Port (Porta Cath) (Long term)
- Lot 6: Arterial Lines
- Lot 7: Midlines
- Lot 8: Associated Products.
See our Downloads ▼ section for the latest Framework Matrices for further information on the available products.
There are 16 suppliers in total on this framework.
- 8 suppliers are incumbent
- 7 suppliers are new to the framework
- 1 supplier is new to NHS Supply Chain.
This is the full list of suppliers available on this framework:
- B Braun Medical Limited
- Becton Dickinson UK Limited
- Kimal plc
- Merit Medical UK
- Pfm Medical UK Ltd
- Smiths Medical International
- Teleflex Medical
- Vygon (UK) Ltd.
New suppliers to the framework
- Aquilant Limited
- Fannin UK Limited
- GBUK Ltd
- Iskus Health UK Limited
- Johnson and Johnson Medical
- Medical Access Ltd
- Worldlink Resources Limited.
New suppliers to NHS Supply Chain
- Cleartrace Ltd.
- Leading suppliers on contract – providing enhanced range and value from a single source.
- Pay less – with NHS Supply Chain you have a wider range of product options so you can select the ones that are fit for purpose and value for money.
- Leave your tendering to us – spend less time and money on tendering and let our procurement specialists undertake it on your behalf.
- Back office savings – the efficiency of our service, ranging from e-ordering to consolidated deliveries, enables significant back office savings.
- An integrated approach – the financial benefits of NHS Supply Chain go beyond just product prices. Our approach is an integrated one that reduces cost throughout the supply chain, from raw materials to global logistics, resulting in a much lower total cost.
- Purchasing through our route – when there are changes in the market, we can help minimise the impact of price rises and give support with cost saving initiatives.
Our knowledge and expertise
- Dedicated Customer Relationship Managers – your day to day contact for all queries. They will help you identify savings opportunities, solve any issues on your behalf and ensure high service levels are always met.
- NHS Supply Chain Buyers – procurement specialists in their product fields who can give expert advice on new and alternative products.
- Implementation Team – experts in helping you set up the new processes and training required when introducing new products.
- Customer Services Team – with the daily support provided by our dedicated and knowledgeable advisors and service managers you know you are in safe hands.
- Customer Assurance – providing customers with the confidence and assurance of products using a process of clinical evaluation and engagement with clinical users. This ensures all products are clinically assured by the CaPA process supported by engagement with an aligned Trusted Customer.
Peace of mind
- Dependable deliveries – having access to the know-how and resources of one of the world’s largest logistics companies means we can offer unrivaled dependability and responsiveness when it comes to our delivery services.
- Framework agreement – awarded in accordance with European procurement legislation.
- Sustainable development – we are certified to ISO 140001 International Standard for Environment Management System.