Chemical Wound Debridement Acidic Gel
The framework starts on 10 October 2022, will run for 35 months and ends on 31 August 2025. This includes a 24 month extension.
This product has not been available to the NHS previously and was highlighted through the Healthtech Connect Innovation route with NICE guidance. The product “Debrichem” is being supplied by Edge Medical Ltd who are a well-established supplier on the Orthopaedics Framework Agreement and has been awarded to a direct contract due to the uniqueness of the product.
Chemical Wound Debridement Acidic Gel is used for topical application to a chronic wound to help facilitate removal of sloughy and damaged tissue by the means of chemical debridement as an alternative to sharp debridement (the removal of damaged tissue or foreign objects from a wound), followed by standard cleaning and dressing. Disruption of the biofilm and removal of the infection in chronic wounds in up to 60 seconds. By withdrawing water-molecules from the biofilm, the desiccant gel rapidly disrupts the biofilm, pathogens and inflammatory proteins in the wound, aiming to turn chronic wounds into acute wounds. This is an acidic gel that is applied directly onto the wound bed for up to 60 seconds. It is rinsed off with sterile or saline water, after which the natural wound healing process will start.
There is one lot on this new framework:
- Lot 1: Chemical wound debridement acidic gel
Sustainable opportunities/solutions/products on this framework
This product contains;
- Glass recyclable vials
- Recyclable cardboard packaging
- No requirement for clinical waste.
There is one supplier in total on this framework:
- Edge Medical Ltd.
- Leading suppliers on contract – providing enhanced range and value from a single source.
- Pay less – with NHS Supply Chain you have a wider range of product options so you can select the ones that are fit for purpose and value for money.
- Leave your tendering to us – spend less time and money on tendering and let our procurement specialists undertake it on your behalf.
- Back office savings – the efficiency of our service, ranging from e-ordering to consolidated deliveries, enables significant back office savings.
- An integrated approach – the financial benefits of NHS Supply Chain go beyond just product prices. Our approach is an integrated one that reduces cost throughout the supply chain, from raw materials to global logistics, resulting in a much lower total cost.
- Purchasing through our route – when there are changes in the market, we can help minimise the impact of price rises and give support with cost saving initiatives.
Our knowledge and expertise
- Dedicated Customer Relationship Managers – your day to day contact for all queries. They will help you identify savings opportunities, solve any issues on your behalf and ensure high service levels are always met.
- NHS Supply Chain Buyers – procurement specialists in their product fields who can give expert advice on new and alternative products.
- Implementation Team – experts in helping you set up the new processes and training required when introducing new products.
- Customer Services Team – with the daily support provided by our dedicated and knowledgeable advisors and service managers you know you are in safe hands.
- Customer Assurance – providing customers with the confidence and assurance of products using a process of clinical evaluation and engagement with clinical users. This ensures all products are clinically assured by the CaPA process supported by engagement with an aligned Trusted Customer.
Peace of mind
- Dependable deliveries – having access to the know-how and resources of one of the world’s largest logistics companies means we can offer unrivaled dependability and responsiveness when it comes to our delivery services.
- Framework agreement – awarded in accordance with European procurement legislation.
- Sustainable development – we are certified to ISO 140001 International Standard for Environment Management System.