External Breast Prostheses, Bras and Associated Consumables
The new External Breast Prostheses, Bras and Associated Consumables framework starts on 30 October 2020, runs for 24 months and ends on 29 October 2022. There is an option to extend for an additional 24 months.
A full range of products is available for women who have suffered from breast cancer, including whole, partial, soft form and leisure breast prostheses, post-operative encapsulation and compression style bras. Accessories are also available on this framework such as replacement adhesive backing, prostheses covers, additional bra straps, shoulder pads and drainage pouch holders and prostheses cleansers.
The product range has been extended to include greater availability of sizes and ranges to offer more product choice to patients. There are 3,415 products on this new framework including 1,500 new products from new and incumbent suppliers. All products are available by the eDirect route.
Whole breast form prostheses are used outside of the breast, inside a pocketed bra or adhered directly to the surface of the skin. Made predominantly from silicone, they may be formed from an outer polyurethane layer filled with silicone gel or a solid or foam silicone. It is used to mimic a whole/full breast when the whole breast has been surgically removed, and is available in a variety of shapes, sizes, colours and weights to suit the specific requirements of the individual.
Partial breast form prostheses, enhancers, overlays and nipples to be used outside of the breast. Partial breast prostheses are made from a polyurethane layer filled with silicone gel. They may be worn inside a pocketed bra and used to provide symmetry to a breast post-surgery when only a portion of tissue has been removed. Available in a variety of asymmetric and symmetrical shapes, sizes and weights to suit the specific requirements of the individual.
Prostheses products are fitted by either a breast care nurse specialist or supplier fitters who run in-house patient clinics.
A new artificial breast prosthesis is typically offered on the NHS every two years as the prosthesis may get worn or damaged. It may also need to be replaced if a patient gains or loses weight.
There are five Lots on this new framework:
- Lot 1: Whole Prostheses
- Lot 2: Partial Prostheses
- Lot 3: Soft Form and Leisure Prostheses
- Lot 4: Bras
- Lot 5: Accessories for Bras and Prostheses.
Additional products for chemotherapy patients such as wigs, headscarves and bandanas are available on our Wigs and Accessories framework. See our Useful Links section for further details.
See our Downloads ▼ section for the latest Product Listings.
The framework provides a National Pricing Matrix (NPM) from a number of suppliers, which will allow savings opportunities for customers who are able to consolidate their purchasing.
See our Downloads ▼ section for details of the NPM. If you are interested in making savings via the NPM, please speak to your Account Manager.
There are 12 suppliers in total on this framework, of which:
- Six suppliers are new to the framework, including three new to NHS Supply Chain
- Six suppliers are incumbent
- No suppliers are being delisted.
The new suppliers bring additional products to the framework, which offer a greater product choice to patients.
This is the full list of suppliers available on this framework.
- Amoena (UK) Limited
- Medasun Limited
- Theya Healthcare
- Thuasne UK Limited
- Trulife Limited
- Womanzone (UK) Limited.
New suppliers to the framework
- Eurosurgical Limited
- H&R Healthcare Limited
- Healthcare 21 (UK) Limited.
New suppliers to NHS Supply Chain
- Anita UK Limited
- Haddenham Healthcare Limited
- Nagor Limited.
- Leading suppliers on contract – providing enhanced range and value from a single source.
- Pay less – with NHS Supply Chain you have a wider range of product options so you can select the ones that are fit for purpose and value for money.
- Leave your tendering to us – spend less time and money on tendering and let our procurement specialists undertake it on your behalf.
- Back office savings – the efficiency of our service, ranging from e-ordering to consolidated deliveries, enables significant back office savings.
- An integrated approach – the financial benefits of NHS Supply Chain go beyond just product prices. Our approach is an integrated one that reduces cost throughout the supply chain, from raw materials to global logistics, resulting in a much lower total cost.
- Purchasing through our route – when there are changes in the market, we can help minimise the impact of price rises and give support with cost saving initiatives.
Our knowledge and expertise
- Dedicated Customer Relationship Managers – your day to day contact for all queries. They will help you identify savings opportunities, solve any issues on your behalf and ensure high service levels are always met.
- NHS Supply Chain Buyers – procurement specialists in their product fields who can give expert advice on new and alternative products.
- Implementation Team – experts in helping you set up the new processes and training required when introducing new products.
- Customer Services Team – with the daily support provided by our dedicated and knowledgeable advisors and service managers you know you are in safe hands.
- Customer Assurance – providing customers with the confidence and assurance of products using a process of clinical evaluation and engagement with clinical users. This ensures all products are clinically assured by the CaPA process supported by engagement with an aligned Trusted Customer.
Peace of mind
- Dependable deliveries – having access to the know-how and resources of one of the world’s largest logistics companies means we can offer unrivaled dependability and responsiveness when it comes to our delivery services.
- Framework agreement – awarded in accordance with European procurement legislation.
- Sustainable development – we are certified to ISO 140001 International Standard for Environment Management System.
Product ListingAn Excel file showing the products that are included in this framework.
Delisted ProductsAn Excel file showing the delisted products in this framework.
National Pricing Matrix (NPM)An Excel file showing the suppliers offering savings opportunities as part of the NPM.