Hand Hygiene and Associated Products and Services
The new framework starts on 12 June 2023, will run for 36 months and ends on 11 June 2026. There is an option to extend for an additional 12 months.
Hand Hygiene was previously a lot within the Skin Cleansing, Disinfection and Care framework. This was removed as a result of the challenges faced during the pandemic.
There are five lots on this framework:
Lot 1 – Hand Hygiene 3-Step Process
Lot 2 – Alcohol Free and Low Alcohol Hand Sanitiser
Lot 3 – PPE Pandemic Products*
Lot 4 – Emollient Conditioning Creams
Lot 5 – Antibacterial Hand Wipes.
*Currently not available through the NHS Supply Chain online catalogue.
See our Downloads section for the full list of products available on this framework. Please be aware that there are certain products marked TBC on the product listing that may not be available at Go Live.
- A Product Matrix for Customer Relationship Managers to use in their discussions with trusts regarding the products available on the framework will be available as part of the Customer Launch package.
- Information for Clinical Choice (ICC) will be available post framework launch for Hand Sanitiser products in lots 1 and 2 and for Antibacterial Hand Wipes in lot 5. This is an enhancement on previous product matrix and will include information such as EN standards, effective dose, country of manufacture etc. which will assist with making clinical choice.
Sustainable opportunities/ solutions/ products on this framework
- Multi-use plastic
- Larger dispenser cartridges – to use less plastic
- Recyclable cartridges and bottles
- Recyclable dispenser
- Using UK suppliers can assist with reducing carbon footprint
- There is opportunity to make the products’ packaging more sustainable, which suppliers are working towards.
71 lines will be delisted.See our Downloads section for the full list of delisted lines and details of all alternative products.
There are 31 suppliers of which:
- 12 suppliers are incumbent to the Skin Cleansing, Disinfection and Care framework
- 11 suppliers are incumbent to NHS Supply Chain (but new to the Hand Hygiene framework)
- 8 suppliers are new to both.
Three incumbent suppliers of Hand Hygiene Products (Lot 1) are being delisted:
- Kimberly Clark
- Valley Northern.
This is the full list of suppliers awarded on this framework:
- Abbliss Ltd
- Alliance Disposables Ltd
- Aqualution Systems Ltd
- B Braun Medical Ltd
- Biotechnics Ltd
- Bioguard Hygiene Solutions
- Creed Medical Ltd
- Cuxson Gerrard & Company Ltd
- Diversey Ltd
- Ecohydra Technologies Ltd
- Ecolab Ltd
- Essity UK Ltd
- Esteve Pharmaceuticals Ltd
- Fenton Pharmaceuticals Ltd
- Gama Healthcare Ltd
- GDP Compliance Ltd
- GOJO Industries Europe
- Ineos Enterprise Group
- Inivos Ltd
- JA Marketing Ltd
- Lyreco UK Ltd
- Nine Group International
- PAL International Ltd
- Paul Hartmann Ltd
- PDI (EMEA) Ltd
- QYK Brands LLC
- Reliance Medical
- SC Johnson Ltd
- Schulke & Mayr
- Leading suppliers on contract – providing enhanced range and value from a single source.
- Pay less – with NHS Supply Chain you have a wider range of product options so you can select the ones that are fit for purpose and value for money.
- Leave your tendering to us – spend less time and money on tendering and let our procurement specialists undertake it on your behalf.
- Back office savings – the efficiency of our service, ranging from e-ordering to consolidated deliveries, enables significant back office savings.
- An integrated approach – the financial benefits of NHS Supply Chain go beyond just product prices. Our approach is an integrated one that reduces cost throughout the supply chain, from raw materials to global logistics, resulting in a much lower total cost.
- Purchasing through our route – when there are changes in the market, we can help minimise the impact of price rises and give support with cost saving initiatives.
Our knowledge and expertise
- Dedicated Customer Relationship Managers – your day to day contact for all queries. They will help you identify savings opportunities, solve any issues on your behalf and ensure high service levels are always met.
- NHS Supply Chain Buyers – procurement specialists in their product fields who can give expert advice on new and alternative products.
- Implementation Team – experts in helping you set up the new processes and training required when introducing new products.
- Customer Services Team – with the daily support provided by our dedicated and knowledgeable advisors and service managers you know you are in safe hands.
- Customer Assurance – providing customers with the confidence and assurance of products using a process of clinical evaluation and engagement with clinical users. This ensures all products are clinically assured by the CaPA process supported by engagement with an aligned Trusted Customer.
Peace of mind
- Dependable deliveries – having access to the know-how and resources of one of the world’s largest logistics companies means we can offer unrivaled dependability and responsiveness when it comes to our delivery services.
- Framework agreement – awarded in accordance with European procurement legislation.
- Sustainable development – we are certified to ISO 140001 International Standard for Environment Management System.