Instrument Decontamination and Accessories
The new framework starts on 22 May 2023, will run for 36 months, and ends on 21 May 2026. There is an option to extend for an additional 36 months.
- New lotting structure that has been extended to include automated probe decontamination
- Direct route to market available if required
- 6-year framework undertaken to provide stability for customers in this market
- Retained product offering across the framework ranges to ensure end to end decontamination process in Endoscopy and Sterile Services can be maintained.
There are two lots on this new framework:
- Lot 1: Instrument Decontamination Consumables and Accessories
- Lot 2: Transportation and Storage Equipment.
See Products section for further breakdown of the lotting structure.
The framework provides a National Pricing Matrix (NPM) from one of the suppliers, which will allow savings opportunities for customers who are able to consolidate their purchasing. See our Downloads section to view the NPM.
If you are interested in making savings via the NPM, please speak to your NHS Supply Chain Customer Relationship Manager.
Net Zero and Social Value
From April 2022 all of our frameworks have adopted the Procurement Policy Notice 06/20.
The suppliers on this framework have demonstrated their plans for:
- Fighting climate change (Carbon Waste and Water)
- The Carbon Waste and Water Assessment Tools obtained during the tender process will be used as a KPI tool to monitor the supplier’s commitment to reduce carbon waste and water through this contract.
Sustainable opportunities/ solutions/ products on this framework
- Suppliers were scored on their ability to reduce, reuse, and recycle components as part of their manufacturing process. Suppliers were also scored on their due diligence on ingredient/raw material to ensure that any palm oil included is sustainable.
For further information please speak to your NHS Supply Chain Customer Relationship Manager. See our Useful Links section for details.
There are 21 suppliers in total on this framework.
- 14 suppliers are incumbent
- 7 suppliers are new to the framework
- 6 suppliers have been delisted.
This is the full list of suppliers available on this framework:
- Amity International
- Dr Weigert UK Ltd
- Ecolab Ltd
- Getinge Limited
- iM-MED Limited
- KeyMed (Medical and Industrial Equipment) Ltd
- Partners for Endoscopy Limited
- Peacocks Medical Group
- Pennamed Limited
- Schulke & Mayr UK Ltd
- Serchem Limited
- STERIS Solutions Limited
- Tristel Solutions Limited
- Wassenburg Medical.
New suppliers to the framework
- Advanced Medical Systems Ltd
- Advanced Sterilization Products (UK) Limited
- Creed Medical Ltd
- MB MedTech Ltd
- MDI Medical Ltd
- Lot 1A – Automated Disinfectants
- Lot 1B – Other Disinfectants
- Lot 1C – Automated Decontamination
- Lot 1D – Detergents
- Lot 1E – Pre-Clean Kits and Associated Products
- Lot 1F – Container for the Detachable Parts of an Endoscope
- Lot 1G – Test Kits and Strips
- Lot 2A – Mobile Units, Cabinets and Associated Accessories
- Lot 2B – Packing, Sealing Systems and Associated Accessories
- Lot 2C – Transportation, Storage Bags and Liners.
- Leading suppliers on contract – providing enhanced range and value from a single source.
- Pay less – with NHS Supply Chain you have a wider range of product options so you can select the ones that are fit for purpose and value for money.
- Leave your tendering to us – spend less time and money on tendering and let our procurement specialists undertake it on your behalf.
- Back office savings – the efficiency of our service, ranging from e-ordering to consolidated deliveries, enables significant back office savings.
- An integrated approach – the financial benefits of NHS Supply Chain go beyond just product prices. Our approach is an integrated one that reduces cost throughout the supply chain, from raw materials to global logistics, resulting in a much lower total cost.
- Purchasing through our route – when there are changes in the market, we can help minimise the impact of price rises and give support with cost saving initiatives.
Our knowledge and expertise
- Dedicated Customer Relationship Managers – your day to day contact for all queries. They will help you identify savings opportunities, solve any issues on your behalf and ensure high service levels are always met.
- NHS Supply Chain Buyers – procurement specialists in their product fields who can give expert advice on new and alternative products.
- Implementation Team – experts in helping you set up the new processes and training required when introducing new products.
- Customer Services Team – with the daily support provided by our dedicated and knowledgeable advisors and service managers you know you are in safe hands.
- Customer Assurance – providing customers with the confidence and assurance of products using a process of clinical evaluation and engagement with clinical users. This ensures all products are clinically assured by the CaPA process supported by engagement with an aligned Trusted Customer.
Peace of mind
- Dependable deliveries – having access to the know-how and resources of one of the world’s largest logistics companies means we can offer unrivaled dependability and responsiveness when it comes to our delivery services.
- Framework agreement – awarded in accordance with European procurement legislation.
- Sustainable development – we are certified to ISO 140001 International Standard for Environment Management System.