Intravenous Cannula and Associated Products
This framework starts on 27 March 2023, runs for 24 months and ends on 26 March 2025. There is an option to extend for an additional 24 months.
The framework provides a National Pricing Matrix (NPM) from a number of suppliers, which will allow savings opportunities for customers who are able to consolidate their purchasing.
If you are interested in making savings via the NPM, please speak to your NHS Supply Chain Customer Relationship Manager.
There are also further opportunities to make savings utilising ‘Compare and Save’ and ‘Information for Clinical Choice’ as saving levers. Please see our Useful Links section for more information.
Important notice – for stocked products only.
Following the move to Buy Price = Sell Price, new contract / framework prices will only come into effect when stock of all product at the old contract / framework price has been depleted.
There are 21 suppliers in total on this framework.
- 14 suppliers are incumbent
- 7 suppliers are new to the framework (of which 1 is new to NHS Supply Chain)
- 1 supplier has been delisted.
This is the full list of suppliers available on this framework:
- Applied Medical Technology Limited
- Braun Medical Limited
- Becton Dickinson Uk Ltd Ed Wokingham
- Becton Dickinson Uk Ltd Stock Oxford
- Fannin UK Limited
- GBUK Ltd
- Greiner Bio-One Ltd
- ICU UK Medical Ltd
- Iskus Health UK Limited
- Praxis Medical Ltd
- Smiths Medical International Ltd
- Terumo UK Ltd
- Unomedical Ltd (A ConvaTec Company)
- Vygon (UK) Ltd.
New suppliers to the framework
- Nipro Medical Europe
- Prosum Medical Ltd
- Reliance Medical Ltd
- Rocialle Healthcare Ltd
- Terumo Uk Ltd (E-Direct)
- TLB Medical Supplies
- William Davies Care Limited.
This framework offers both a wide range of products covering all clinical applications and technologies.
- Leading suppliers on contract – providing enhanced range and value from a single source.
- Pay less – with NHS Supply Chain you have a wider range of product options so you can select the ones that are fit for purpose and value for money.
- Leave your tendering to us – spend less time and money on tendering and let our procurement specialists undertake it on your behalf.
- Back office savings – the efficiency of our service, ranging from e-ordering to consolidated deliveries, enables significant back office savings.
- An integrated approach – the financial benefits of NHS Supply Chain go beyond just product prices. Our approach is an integrated one that reduces cost throughout the supply chain, from raw materials to global logistics, resulting in a much lower total cost.
- Purchasing through our route – when there are changes in the market, we can help minimise the impact of price rises and give support with cost saving initiatives.
Our knowledge and expertise
- Dedicated Customer Relationship Managers – your day to day contact for all queries. They will help you identify savings opportunities, solve any issues on your behalf and ensure high service levels are always met.
- NHS Supply Chain Buyers – procurement specialists in their product fields who can give expert advice on new and alternative products.
- Implementation Team – experts in helping you set up the new processes and training required when introducing new products.
- Customer Services Team – with the daily support provided by our dedicated and knowledgeable advisors and service managers you know you are in safe hands.
- Customer Assurance – providing customers with the confidence and assurance of products using a process of clinical evaluation and engagement with clinical users. This ensures all products are clinically assured by the CaPA process supported by engagement with an aligned Trusted Customer.
Peace of mind
- Dependable deliveries – having access to the know-how and resources of one of the world’s largest logistics companies means we can offer unrivaled dependability and responsiveness when it comes to our delivery services.
- Framework agreement – awarded in accordance with European procurement legislation.
- Sustainable development – we are certified to ISO 140001 International Standard for Environment Management System.